“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, May 30, 2016

Forgetting Mirrors

I wanted to show my new shoes and where they exactly bit me, but I still put them on 'cause I wanted to flaunt without any specific reason. I wanted to tell that the slit in my skirt was ridiculously long and I was hiding my legs with a shopping bag. See, I am not the girl in heels and skirts. I am the one in a pair of jeans and sneakers. I keep my hair open 'cause I love to feel air in my hair but I dislike fringes on my face and that's why I struggle to keep it behind my ears, but they fall every now and then on my face as anything under gravity.

You see, I am not the girl who carries matching bag or wears matching shoes. I am not the girl to spend time to match the earrings with the color of the fabric I've put on. I don't wear earrings most of the times. I am absolutely not the girl who rushes to washroom to fix make-up every now and then. I have been a simple girl in a tee and a pair of jeans with sling bag to carry umbrella in it, 'cause I hate rains. I am totally fine, if I am un-noticed. That is better actually.

I am content with the way I am and I learnt it hard way. I like people with whom I can just be myself. People who have seen me in pimples, running nose, messed up hair, puffy eyes, pajamas and still choose to hang out with me. Who don't tell me to put on or to shed some. I wish every little girl could understand that they are gorgeous and are one of a kind. I wish they could accept their flaws, scars, birthmarks or anything that weighs them down. You gotta shed it off if you dream to fly.

#Me! Click to zoom
I read it somewhere, "Tetris teaches you –when you try to fit in, you disappear." when you are flawed and broken, that beauty is one of a kind. In Japanese there's a word, Kintsukuroi —The art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer and understanding that the piece is more beautiful for having been broken. So, forget mirrors. Play with your hair flying in air, be wild and free. If you are pixie haircut, be that. Let them say it looks like a chemo wig, it is just lovely. Be carefree, enjoy food with a big fat bite. That face you make when you eat burger. Eat chocolates and cakes like a fat kid. 

Don't stop, remember if you'll be happy you can keep everyone else happy. Don't you skip food 'cause you want to fit into a dress. Change only if you want and your health requires it. Laugh loudly, throwing your head back and clapping like a retarded seal. Show them your teeth (and the lettuce stuck in it, LOL). Be the one you are when no one's watching. You know, confidence and comfort is beauty, being in your own skin is beauty and if they tell you that you're any less, dearie you already know which finger to show them. Exactly! Point is, there is always somebody who is completely crazy for you just for the way you are.

Learn to drive and how to park and tell them you good at it, you gotta break stereotypes to evolve. You could be the one who loves raps, reggae and metal. Music has no boundaries. Be proud about wherever sexual orientation you belong to, don't let anyone bully you for that. Be the one people look up to. If a guy on bike molests you, don’t let anyone tell you not to go that way again or to not go at all. Rather learn to ride bike, chase that moron and show that you are fighting back and not giving up. You already know where to kick. Feminism is not man-hating, just all about being fair for unfair circumstances. Live! Signing out, may God bless y'all.

P.S. Posting my own pic, for the first time on Blogger. Going monochrome, and there is beauty in black & white. Another reason why am not fond of colors.

2 comments:

  1. ..throwing your head back and clapping like a retarded seal..lol..this retarded seal analogy will stay forever in my memory now..such a mixed post..the humor says much deeper things than what a philosophical post could have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I read it somewhere and adopted from there. :)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)