“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Faded Lucidity

We talk how people should have their bodies to please our eyes or what type of appearance is more appealing to us. Let me tell, I have known a bunch of people who are pleasing to eyes but they can't please the soul. People appear ugly if they don't possess moral and ethics. We discuss what body type a girl or a guy should have, but what would we do when they age. You see, we set heart on temporary things and then when it passes away with time, we find no way out of it. It’s like Siren, who lured sailors to crash their ships to rocky islands.

People possess different ethnicity and genes, to make them feel bad about their appearance is such a terrible thing to do. How bad it is to give someone an experience about an ugly appearance no matter how beautiful are they at their heart(s). Worst thing we could do to people is to make them feel worse about something they are not responsible for. It's like sentencing the victim and letting the criminal run away, ain't it?

There's something about reading and imagination. Some sort of comfort and freedom in having an imagination of a character you've just read about. I understand how sometimes reality can be ugly or how people can portray it worse than it actually is. But when it is non-existent, we have ability to portray it nice and do justice with it. I like some things to be limited to mind and not bring them into the world physically. I can fix it and customize it. It's like having full authority and freedom to do whatever you want. But then mind is a dangerous place, some thoughts you once conceive never fade away.

I love the way we fall in love with a character in a story, how we wish best for that character as we turn the next page. I love how we fall for them without having any idea of their appearance. We fall for them for their souls and whenever asked about your favorite character you never miss their names and sometimes, you reference them and die for them to be real. I believe, people are good at heart. We know what’s right or wrong, we very well know what is ethical and what’s not, and we know what’s good and bad. 

Like people know smoking kills, they have got Goddamn family but they still smoke. They hide from their kids and smoke, ‘cause they don’t want to pass it on to their kids. We live in such a delusion that we do things we know are not right to do. While having multiple experiences, I got to know –when we are sad and in pain, we are pure. I love innocence and it is something nothing can replace. I hate people who make other people feel terrible for things like appearance or their background. I hate people who make other people feel bad any other way. 

I am counting myself too, I hate it when I find I made people feel bad. I hate the fact that unintentionally, I played evil and it is not a good feeling at all. I don’t want to be the reason for someone losing their innocence. It is like we know everything, but we wanna do something evil that we pretend we don’t know what’s right or wrong. We pretend as if our conscience faded away at some horizon and we are too blind to see. Singing out, may God bless y’all. 

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful read....seems straight from the heart..years have passed but not much has changed in your writings....the world operates through rules of conditioning....evolutionary psychology and rules of social engineering..the cave man has come a long way but is still obsessed with fear of black,ugly,asymmetrical....what was meant to be survival mechanism in nature's world is unfortunately still re-enforced through media,advertisement..sheer commodification,objectification of human bodies and reductionalism of human thought,emotions and capability..for sheer greed of money..relationships have become hollow,interactions transactional..a treacherous game of deception and fakeness all around..artificial and disguised the games people play..sometimes I find it baffling that human intellect that could send a probe to the edge of the solar system could be so short-sighted..I fully agree..what the world calls beautiful is aging every moment..the endlessness of a pitch dark night is seldom praised....and I agree that we humans fully know what's wrong,corrupt,unethical..and it's also not a case of not wanting to know it in a state of perpetual denial..I believe they do want to overcome it..it's just that they think they can't do it..the smoker you mentioned thinks he can't quit smoking....his battle is lost in the mind....I think I should end my sermon....all this reminds me of a beautiful dialogue from the Superman movie-"Humans are not bad by heart,it's the circumstances that make them bad"..I find this alien Kryptonite Superman's assessment of human-beings so apt..and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a short comment :) Nice one. I agree with this statement -human intellect that could send a probe to the edge of the solar system could be so short-sighted. So true. How humans got so much messier? Mind is indeed a dangerous place.

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)