“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Language Of Sarcasm

I know many people who express things straight as they are. They don’t mix it up or wrap it up with something else. They keep things easy and clean, I am not one of them. Maybe those people have got best of people around to keep things simple or they really don’t give a damn about people. I use difficult unusual words to keep it hidden for longest time possible, I don’t want people to know what am up to. 

I don’t like if someone guesses something is wrong with me. I switch topics, I focus it on the one am talking to. I don’t manipulate any information or detail. If I tell anything, it will be true and appropriate to my knowledge else I won’t tell or skip it somehow. I don’t really prefer putting sad status if something is bothering me. You put sad status, people get nosy. They find gossip there, they even may take screen shot of it and discuss in their own little group of a kind. Sure, people who talk to me; talk about me.

It is disappointing to count on people to get you. I love sarcasm and there is comfort there. Sarcasm is escape. Remember, George Bernard Shaw? Go away if you don’t and why did I reference him. Some people like drama, but sarcasm is really my type. Drama is like shooting someone in head, sarcasm is happily making them poisoning their own tea. I rather put things in gibberish or letters or codes of my own. I love my privacy and I dislike people who disrespect it and I will do anything to protect it. 

Some people say they like that I am being myself –then those people say they don’t like something in me and literally demand a change. What they think I am, ping pong ball so they can hit me from both sides? Thing is am not fond of being with people who approve me, and make me feel like they did a favor. You, Sir can keep that favor in your pocket and learn some fair sales techniques. 

At times you reach the threshold of tolerating things and then you don’t fear a thing. You care a damn about the consequences, you just got a baggage and you want it off you. Then it gets you like, God you should have done it before when it hit your mind first but you let it go to the oblivion as some meaningless stupid thought. 

I don’t know, it is always disappointing to expect people to understand you. They never will exactly the way you want it to. That’s why I write about it –in my phone and on this blog. Sometimes while reading a really happy comforting line, you really wanna cheat all the unpleasant thoughts and get out of your mind. But, is there a way outta mind? Remember, Sylvia Plath talking about it? I love her Unabridged Journals and everything about it. 

Writing calms me down, like there happens to be a sudden drop of anxiety and anger. Sometimes, when you are out of options and do what you find best to do –you find a weird sense of missing something that’s not gone, but something that you know is not gonna happen ‘cause you had that in your mind ever since. Remember, Margaret Atwood? Love her. 

Sometimes, telling your thoughts or how you feel about a certain thing to people is like –telling a stupid person a joke but you have to repeat and break it down into literal meaning ‘cause they don’t get it and then the joke loses its essence, you feel like why did you even tell a joke and literally want an “undo” button and “save changes”. I guess, I am never gonna stop wondering things about people. Is there some field of study that deals with people? Perhaps! 

4 comments:

  1. You may not control
    all the events that
    happen to you , but
    you can decide not to
    be reduced by them.

    -Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm ..Change is inevitable.Have u ever seen a tree losing its roots while shredding its leaves?..Being ur own guinea pig is an intellectual luxury shared by rarest of rare intellectuals...Newton did it while trying to figure out how does it feels when one pierce his own eye...I know u loved the idea...And for the Sarcasm m yet figuring it out in ur article...Ohh yess the title is very sarcastic ..I like it ...;P ... And for the people..of em when u get sick..Take a stick--Bandar Ki dekhi se..Maar Maar k vaisi lal kardungiiiii :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You're one mad person I know. I just noticed, someone checked the Uh.. Hell option on this post. See! I so wanna know who's that. :P

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)