“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Remedy

“Every time you claim you love me and every time I confirm I don’t –equally hurts, to know being so stone hearted that flowers of love can’t bloom out of the concrete I have been trying to break since ages. Sometimes you feel sad for not loving someone in return, that sometime is now. Time, that only matters in this universe. Love, beyond time and such illusions is forever. Time’s nothing, it’s a misleading concept. May be in some alternative universe, where it doesn't matter –I belong to you. Countless theories may prove time as a concept to measure series of events, what a dogma. But, some things are eternal and one of them as you say is the emotions you have for me. I've been your remedy. But, love isn't a syndrome to which someone is cure. Sometimes, love is an imbalanced equation. To have; does that matter? Love is a chain, a continuum and we've been a part of this chain that never broke.”

















Of all the things that ache;
love is the one that aches deep,
gives you darkest scars;
lullabies fail to make you sleep.

To hit exactly where it hurts;
you say is my best art,
I have everything, to say;
what I miss is a heart.

My best is never enough;
trying enough I die,
I've been a remedy you say;
but I doubt, am I?

Is love a disease?
to which I am a cure,
curse missed opportunities;
so sure to be unsure.

I know how it aches;
I've a scar too,
never told you about it;
‘cause it never belonged to you.

Blame it on me;
for all the times you cry ,
I've been a remedy you say;
but I doubt, am I?

~Shreya 

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

P.P.S. Work Of Inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Its not heart that you miss, Its jst the absence of thread that makes you feel unconnected. Connection is imperative specially at the level of soul to feel the intensity of someone's feelings. Love evolves, it is nt a forced outcome. Though u can adept but adaptation without intention is more like death of self . Guilt of not loving someone in reply , I dont think it needs to be thr as life with regrets is more regrets and less life.SO stop it. love out of sympathy is temporary , its like chemical waste it kills u from within and makes you look normal at the exterior.your words are less words more guilt and thats not you ..Thr comes a moment in time and space when a wind hits you from no where and it gives u a feeling of being present , nothing else jst present. Thr will be moments of love and hatred and thr will be moments of hope and despair. You are truly magnificient , dont succumb to meanings....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, love could never be forced outcome.

      Delete
  2. intriguing....but felt the poem ended mid-way abruptly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly, the story is still on.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)