“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Enigmatic Sorrow

“Ever wondered, when everything is perfect like you couldn’t ask for anything else but you’re still lost like longing for something you’re yet to name, yet to explore –that time is now. You’re wrapped with infinite despair, heart wrenching pain that’s devouring you inch by inch. The grand ennui leads you to oblivion; light is absorbed into that oblivion where all your fears reside. Your fears fly back to you on the wings of wind. Darkness, confirms that there was light –once, and you long even more. Reality stabs you even harder and deeper, your spine sends shiver –you’re cold, lost in an empty hallway. Echoes of silence scare you and you want to hide behind the curtains. Sometimes, such enigmatic sorrow is like a nightmare or your last dare to fight back. Your innocence is lost, you are big and all you want is to go back being a kid again.”



















They mould me into a human of clay;
under the layers of dust I lie,
and I envy the Almighty;
to Hell or to Heaven I signify?

Referring to eternity;
am I crafted to praise?
all the wonders I come across;
or to curse missed yesterdays.

Time spent goes to oblivion;
brings me enigmatic sorrow,
do they favor me;
gifting me another tomorrow.

No count of how much I owe;
how much do they bless me,
moulding me into a mortal being;
of unknown eternity.

Do I really belong;
to the universe of dust,
to live once they say;
I should die first.

So how many times I have to die;
and go through such enigmatic sorrow,
to feel immense pleasure;
and owe no eternal woe.

~Shreya 

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

P.P.S. Work Of Oblivion

12 comments:

  1. As said "happiness is state of mind", I believe so is the sorrow and it shall pass too. In every darkness there is always a ray of hope which will lead you to a dawn where birds will sing and flowers will bloom. Once you reach there, you will see perfection turning into completeness.
    Your write up is beautiful, waiting for your next blog with more positivity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I don't want perfection, it's boring. To reach perfection is to stand in a museum and be still. To be still is to be dead, I not dead. I am alive. Happiness is accepted by all, sorrow has its own comfort -we miss. Eternal joy is in both -happiness and sorrow. :)

      Delete
  2. That's so true. Well what I was trying to refer is not achieving perfection but completeness. What appears to be perfect may not be complete, which in my mind are two entirely different things.
    May be I am not as good as you are in expressing myself in words, that's why I love your writing. Keep writing.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true. Well what I was trying to refer is not achieving perfection but completeness. What appears to be perfect may not be complete, which in my mind are two entirely different things.
    May be I am not as good as you are in expressing myself in words, that's why I love your writing. Keep writing.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true. Well, what I was referring on above comment was not about achieving perfection but completeness. A life which appears to be perfect may not be complete, which in my mind are two different things.
    May be I am not as good as you are in expressing myself in words, that's why I love your writing. Keep writing.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..sent me into a spiral web of thoughts..and I began pondering again the mysticism around death,pain,agony..the enigma,the sorrow.. some heavy questions..no one to answer them....moments trickles past and life moves to meet it's destination in death..there's many shades of death,pain and sorrow people don't appreciate..joy derives it's value,it's existence from sorrow..perhaps people have become too shallow,too consumerist....too greedy and enslaved by their senses....so lost I feel..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. The spiral you are talking about is what they call complete cycle. Read this article call "The Egg". I don't buy the whole concept though, but it is a good read. http://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2014/11/a-tale-for-the-deep-thinkers.html

      Delete
    2. A very nice read this link..especially the 'blank slate' concept
      (and updated my profile to prevent mixing around of identities..co-incidental or who knows deliberate impersonation..the blogosphere is a strange place!)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)