“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Love, Be Damned

“From talking to swearing to loving, if any part of it was even a little true, there won't be regret and I'd love to be wrong. What if none of it was ever true and I overlooked things as being in misery. Even if an inch of my fear is true, I don't think I'll ever find a way to come out of that shallow dampness that tears will bring for being so blind. I don't want to die like this, decaying every inch every day cursing memory. I want to die warm in bed with a cat around. If you've ever lied to me, just don't let me know about it -ever. If you never lied, make me believe that. Don’t give up on me; I ain’t giving up on you.”


























Thought of you when I was drunk;
no other thing I’d see,
and heaven knows I sorrow most;
when you’re not around me.

Honey, your absence is pain;
like a bruise exposed to fire,
all the sympathies are in vain;
when I have this burning desire.

May the love, be damned;
roses turned pale that blossomed in red,
my world dissolved in sorrow;
and I lament in bed.

When it’s eerie silence;
blue waves hit the shore,
I couldn't recognize my own shadow;
that’s when I long for you even more.

That’s how I will die;
as the particles of dust,
memories will fade away;
and my bones will turn to rust.

May the love, be damned;
lost in your thoughts I die,
with no proof of my existence;
I will resign and say goodbye.

~Shreya 

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

P.P.S. Work Of Fiction!

8 comments:

  1. Good stuff Shreya..liked the line 'like a bruise exposed to fire' in particular . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, amazing.

    I especially like the title :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful flow and rhyme :)

    And I agree with WritingForLife, the title is what caught my eye at Indivine, and it was nice reading it. My favorite was the first verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so subtle,rhythmic,profound,beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)