“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, June 9, 2014

Sweetest Poison

"We can't exist in the same world now. You've become Novocaine to me, but you won't ever fall for me –never. I want to lose my identity as individual, I don't want to be the citizen of the world you are in, I don't want to be recognized anyway, I don't want to share anything with you –be it love, emotions, time, days, the air you breathe, the sunshine that falls on you and I want to forget that despite not having you, losing you hurts. I want mutual antipathy to separate us and want to be irrevocably separated."






















I have been drinking the hemlock;
in the name of love so pure,
it rains all inside me;
haven’t seen the sky so azure.

It’s dark, hard enough to see;
as I leave the world of my bliss,
dreams and all the memories;
that I am going to crucifix.

Even demons could wonder;
sweetest poison it has been,
killing me with no scar;
hidden, yet so serene.

Juliet is on deathbed;
Cupids stabbed her so deep,
flashback runs her through;
makes even angels weep.

Candles blew off, roses turned to pale;
when I sang this serenade,
violins broke and complain;
for the love that was never made. 

Even demons could wonder;
sweetest poison it has been,
such was love to me;
a weapon, unseen.

~Shreya ♥ 

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

P.P.S. ..and with this, a pause to love and romantic poems.

4 comments:

  1. Write up is Flawless but I am worried if you're ok..Life has lessons to teach and nothing leaves us before it has taught us what we need to know..hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine and content. See :) Life has lessons for every phase, I agree. Hugs :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :) sometimes silence speaks the loudest.

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)