“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, June 16, 2014

Memories, Be Damned

Hey.. Peeps.. :) J.M. Barrie quoted ―“God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.” I find this one beautiful but incomplete at same time. Won’t that December rose be the one with no fragrance? You can’t cuddle memories; they stab you without failing a single time. You may cherish for a while and once you are through –you end up longing for it. I always had a negative approach about memories; I hate ‘em from all my heart. They are a dead part of past that you still consider alive –no, it’s not legacy.

Worst thing a memory can do to you is to take you back in time where nobody lives now and leaves you wandering with no direction to go –like you have been lost in an empty hallway and no body to hear you –they are lethal. I don’t want memories, I never believed in making one. I always like to be busy in making “the now”. I don’t trust on memories to get me things I want. If I want, I want it all –fresh and real, right next to me –that can mark it’s presence to all my senses.

Memories are absence of things you want or you don’t want –either ways it offers you nothing. If something I want never to end is over, I want it to stay right there –frozen, unidentified and unsaved. I don’t look for its replacement (by memories), replacing something you want(ed) is disrespecting the desire behind it. It’s like the forbidden state and still we somehow end up landing and wandering over there. When we don’t find a way out, memory kills us – nobody suspects. Memories are no less than a black-widow spider.

I hate gifts; they are memories –handed over to you by a bunch of people who are not sure to be with you when you need them. They are uncertain if they could ever meet again, they prefer making memories and that’s how they kill the beauty of now. People often confuse memories with remembrance –its two different things, been tried to mix together to experiment the level of absurd thoughts. It’s a disorder or cognitive damage or an obsession to be confined in that time –intentionally ignoring the better chances, time again is a misleading thing.

Don’t expect me to remember you –for I have never been interested in memories, it’s a boring subject based on unproved theorems that has no chances to work, an unrewarded practice to replicate the past that somehow multiplies the complexity of a simple situation. Promise me to be around –and you shall never regret. Memories are for people who have lost faith to make what they've lost, they actually never get it –what they get is an exact replacement they've subscribed for. Think! Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :) 

2 comments:

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)