“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Terminated Friendship, Withdrawn Love

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Its 4:50 a.m. and despite sleeping am writing this blog post. Just can’t afford to lose my thoughts to oblivion, so here I am. Just a random thought, I wish to ink. Got this statement from facebook today and this could be the reason to write this post; “We don't stop loving someone; we simply learn to live without them.” Don’t know how true it could be, certainly fits well sometimes.

So, how many of you can relate if I say: “we all have a bunch of people, or at least one person whom we were friends with –like BFF, like friends forever kinda and then bam; out of the blues we are on our own, huge gap. We think they don’t have time, let them talk first and likewise they think.” Gaps are like arithmetic progressions; they go on and on or like a self replicating virus, affects the entire system –okay, that’s my training talking; cutting that out. 

So, yes.. have had few friends whom I used to hang with like buddies –then we grew apart, now they are just a name in friend list. Hardly talk, if we talk then no common topic to pick. Call summary dropped from hours to couple of minutes. Damn it; it hurts a little and then we move on. Then there have been some people who used to be on top in call logs, inbox full of messages and now we rarely talk, they are just a contact in phone book –we pretend to be friends on friendship day and birthday. I miss that every time I scroll the phone book, but hardly do anything. That’s a common story.

Don’t know how right I am, but guess that’s how we terminate friendship and obviously withdraw the love behind it. Ironic, at work we try to be friendly and nice with people. With people, who once were like-world, we unknowingly ignore or just let them go. Gah! it’s complicated; let’s not talk about it. Then there’s another quote, used to be my favorite but now have lost faith in it: Friends may meet, friends may scatter; but if hearts are loyal, distance don’t matter. 

Whew! I’ve gotta work on this, all the calls that I miss –I sometimes don’t return back, will do that now on. Losing friendship should be a choice not something, something that doesn’t even have a name yet. Think! Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second." —Lewis Carrol, Signing out.. may God bless.. :)

4 comments:

  1. it's sometimes good to introspect and think about what we are doing .. nice article ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I talked with two of my friends after a very long time and after the talks I had this strange feeling of content and strength in me. It was like I had found a way to fight the darkness of depression. Everyone should try it once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that's how it goes sometimes :)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)