“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Time & Me

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Being victim of urban lifestyle, I use to miss so much of what makes me happy. Countless things: episodes of TV serial FRIENDS, chocolate, ice-creams, swings,
sleeping, beaches (yes, finally I experienced one –Pondicherry –Big Beach), writing, reading, dancing, music, travelling, gardening, evening walks, photography, theatre, sketching, painting and I have this bad habit of cutting newspaper images and God knows what not.

The Giant Wheel (click on image to enlarge)
 I won’t make an excuse of having no time, for me time is nothing –it’s all about priority. Saying you don’t have time, is an easy-genuine-famous excuse –accepted widely. Sometimes I think of being loved when I least deserve it. Sometimes I miss my life 2 years back, and sometimes I love being what I am today. I do get mood swings, get angry, get worried, feel happy, feel proud, feel lonely, fight, complain, argue and so many mixed feelings and I do not wanna miss any of these feelings. I am not gonna change a bit of me, no matter what –till I know am right.

If I count, then I have so much to complain about and less to thank for. Many people to point finger(s) at me and less who appreciate. But that’s okay, someday it’s gonna be reverse –I know. For a change, I have blocked all the mediums of communication (no not calls, that’s still on and will always be –considering a genuine request from my family). Yes, to tell something new – I am going home this March and that’s a surprise for Mom-Dad, I wanna witness that expression when they will see us (me and my sister).

Had an unplanned visit to a nearby fare today. Enjoyed the giant-wheel ride, despite the fact that I am scared of heights. Here is the picture. I believe in offering some time to some unplanned crazy things, and am gonna do that much frequently. Sometimes the unexpected things are much beautiful than the planned ones. When you say life’s bad –do ask compared to what? Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ahh I love Friends <3

    You should make a big collage of all the newspaper image cuttings :P

    I'm sure it will be a great surprise for your parents when they see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are keeping a positive outlook.

    P.S. It is incredibly difficult to read your blog because of the background and your font color. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I remember you pointed that out earlier also. There is no other template I like. Will find a good one soon. :)

      Delete
  3. could relate to the post..simplicity and facts of life put forward..People race,compete,run-around,feel inferior,feel superior,impression management,attitudes and ego-clashes..and what not..humans too are a slave to the world and the society they themselves created..far too many cobwebs and entangles..in people's quest for more and more,life loses out silently..the moments are precious but their value rarely noticed..time will trickle away slowly and it's only in the fading twilight of one's life,perhaps on a rocking chair,he/she will realize the futility of the very things he spent his/her life around..as the sun sets below the horizon with the window pane losing the sparkle..so will age catch-up..it's ironic that the joy the paper-balls gave me was never found even in the most expensive tech-stuffs..This merry-go-round has always been a beautiful nostalgia memory..though the fear of riding a Columbus is still a challenge not won..it's great u't living the moments that really matter in the end..dis-association is one tool I use too..sometimes I feel there shouldn't be any purpose in life..A purposeless unconditional walk going no-where,reaching no-where but just going on and on..Maybe sadistic thinking but I wonder what happens beyond death..The body is too concrete and transient in nature..it's ultimate end known,it fails to excite me..Life remains undecipherable..the mysticism of what lies beyond the body is the real mystery..till the mystery is resolved,I live on on imagination..maybe I should end my philosophy,otherwise this can go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the unexpected things are much beautiful than the planned ones. So true!

    Lovely self-observation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)