“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Odd One

Hey.. Peeps.. :) “Some are born weird, some achieve it, others have weirdness thrust upon them.” ―quoted Dick Francis and I agree with every letter of this statement. Talking about the odd one, I find myself on the top of the list and moreover I’d say am eccentric and I own all the rights to be the one. For me everything that exists or anything that I guess exists has another point of view. I easily find to see things from an uncommon point of view, it disappoints sometimes if I don’t. That makes me top the odd list. I am not at all obsessed with being odd, but somehow the conspiracy of universe makes me the one.

I never got the concept of religion, race, caste, class, country and such orthodox communities. How difficult is it to get that we belong to same genus –Homo Sapiens. The amount of time people dedicate in calculating permutation and combination of such meaningless things, if they dedicate half of it to some meaningful things and growing a notch up then the world would be different. We live in a colonial world, with zillions of divisions, sub-divisions and countless segments that seem to take countless years to classify and that even is not required. It’s irrational.

I never was interested to understand the theory of how this world works, I will never get that and I don’t want to. I don’t want to spend my life in solving some meaningless questions whose answers are gonna be another set of questions. We dedicate some days and dates to festival; they have a long story, history, beliefs and emotions attached. I respect that, but I do not want to limit my emotions restricted to one day. I don’t want to feel patriotic only on Independence Day, I feel patriotic whenever I remember, read, think or see things related to it.

Whenever I am with my family and friends, almost every day seems to be a festival. I do not need calendar to decide what I have to feel like. C’mon, I can’t let that piece of paper controlling me. Already we are controlled by so many things, stop adding more –kinda losing count. Do not get too involved with fanatic urban lifestyle that Google reminds you of special days, alarms decide when to wake up, reminders set  to remember your best friend’s birthday. People may not understand, maybe I sound just like another crazy person.  Well, I don’t care. I won’t mind holding crazy tag and joining that crazy community where I feel belonged and relate to the world I use to imagine. Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :)

4 comments:

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)