“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Small Town Girl

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” ―Oscar Wilde















Lying on the roof all alone;
under millions of the stars,
having music to cheer me;
counting those darkest hours.

Back in time two years ago;
when I started as a naïve,
few mistakes and some lessons;
followed after my strive.

I am still the same, nothing’s changed;
me and time and my dreams again,
somewhere meet on the way, unplanned;
handful of pleasure and a little pain.
People refused to believe;
all they came for is to complain,
those tears went unnoticed;
when I secretly cried in vain,
am the same, small town girl;
who loved to get drenched in rain.

I know where I have to go;
so what if these roads are unknown,
someday I am gonna make it;
no matter if it chills me to the bone.

Left my heaven behind;
to start the world of my own,
along with my many dreams;
guess a little, I’ve also grown.

But I am still the same, nothing’s changed;
me and time and my dreams again,
somewhere meet on the way, unplanned;
handful of pleasure and a little pain.
People refused to believe;
all they came for is to complain,
those tears went unnoticed;
when I secretly cried in vain,
am the same, small town girl;
who loved to get drenched in rain.

~Shreya ♥

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

14 comments:

  1. There are times when readers interpret a poem more than the poet actually intended. Has deep meanings when one reads with broader mind.- Jeethu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice poem :)
    I'm just wondering, do you ever run out of things to write about? I used to write poetry, but now it seems like i've run out of ideas :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks :) I do run out words, or I must say too much of thinking gets lost into oblivion. I do go through writer's block but then something brings me back somehow :) The idea should be to write, to ink your thoughts, no matter how stupid it may seem.

      Delete
  3. subtle reflection of emotions.."Dreams are the royal road to unconscious."-said one famous psychologist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea true, Dreams are the royal road to unconscious. And sometimes the catalysts to escape reality.

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)