“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Law Of Separation

Hey.. Peeps.. :) So this year is gonna end soon. Or I must say yay, new year is just around the corner. I know this year comparatively less posts from me and my blog stats definitely came down. Lost some active readers, and miss their presence in my comment box. I definitely never stop thinking of writing but to pen them down now takes time and I hate myself to no limit when I skip posts I wanna write or lose a nice thought to oblivion or go through writer’s block phase.

Well am badly homesick again, recently sister moved to Mumbai and mom-dad are left alone at home. At times I feel so paternal about my sister that I wanna move to Mumbai too, just to be with her and help her grow. But then I think let her know how this world works, and let her learn things. I never wanted to be away from my family. Well, who does? But I had dreams (wait! Did I say I had? Well, I still have) and I just came to start career.

Separation is something that usually brings people close. Things we don’t realize when we have them mark their value when we lose them or when they are away. That’s how law of separation is. We miss things and we find that hollow spot of pain that never seems to heal. Now I dream of having my sister, mom and dad around at same time and having dinner. When I was home, I loved to have dinner in front of TV or reading something. I never cared about that time having family around; maybe I had in my mind that it will be like this forever. But things do change, and so do we.

Yeah, after like 2 years I logged in to my twitter account. Last update was: “job is the only missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle of my life.” –that was 2 years back when I was home, and looking out for job. Now, I can find too many missing pieces. Pathetic is when I don’t even know some of the missing pieces in the jigsaw puzzle of my life having no name. One thing that has not changed is –surprise(s) that life has always offered me. I can even go to home any day I want, and I will. The day I will feel like its threshold now, I will get the tickets and go. Sometimes, I guess I should take risks. Just wanna know what’s next if I do what I really felt like doing. Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :) 

12 comments:

  1. This is the time when you should call you family, talk talk and talk.. it will help you, i have done it for 7 long years.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad having read it...dont know why but i got a little sense of satisfaction reading it.. :D thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots of happiness in the New Year, Shreya:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to you too.. have a great new year :) \m/

      Delete
  4. liked your post......

    that is how it is always.... you understand the value once it is not around or easily in reach... don't worry you will outgrow this feeling also someday and will learn to deal with it the right way..... mom,, dad n sis are just a call away.... :) that itself is a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Merry Christmas and an early happy new year..was in a similar situation year ago of being away from family..feels so fortunate to be with my family all the time..however this comes at a price of not developing the skills of social darwinism,a must in this opportunistic world..wrote a similar post titled "It's presence is never felt but it's absence hurts" but deleted it thinking it to be too childish(I shouldn't have)..this post makes me rethink those moments..it seems you'r not too happy with your job(again co-incidently was in a similar dilemma an year ago-called it quits..but looking back at it,it was the right decision but taken without planning and thinking in an emotional and confused state)..Steve Jobs says "Your time is limited.Don't waste it living someone else's life."..life is strange..sometimes those not having any support-systems,the so-called unfortunate ones are the real fortunate in the sense that they can follow their dreams without obstacles..My mini-essay ends..I could identify with many of your posts in these years..written with honesty for non-commercial purposes,a rarity in the blogging world..2014,keep writing and sharing..If ever I happen to write in the print world,your poems would be my first introduction to this world..now the mini-essay ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Merry Christmas to you too. Glad you can relate and you find my write ups real and worth spending time on. :) I agree with every letter you wrote, I was nodding my head here reading "mini-essay". :)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)