“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Losing To You

“You know that place between sleeping and awake, that place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always think of you.” –J M Barrie

















You’re a thought crept in insomnia;
a deep breath of despair,
I always fail not to think of you;
no matter how much I dare.

You’re a joy within;
an ache deep inside,
a scar peeking through the past;
no matter how much I try to hide.

All these thoughts make me feel so blue;
and I’ll always be losing to you.

You’re a dream lost in tears;
strong wish on a shooting star,
someone’s so called world;
out of reach, so far.

You’re a perfume that lingers;
a song that conquers my heart,
an unsolved mystery;
I gotta solve from the start.

All these thoughts make me feel so blue;
and I’ll always be losing to you.

~Shreya ♥

P.S. My creation, please do not copy | Copyright © Protected | Image: Google

P.P.S. Work Of Fiction

14 comments:

  1. I Like it.. :) that's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm,,, tempted to know the lucky one you are losing yourself to. hehe, anyways, emotions are dripping through every letter & that indicates earnestness of thought & integrity . Probably there couldn't have been a better way to vent out one's feelings about someone special. Lovely. Girl, You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. profound one...people lose to re-identify themselves..very often a side is discovered that was totally unknown...and this isn't philosophy..it psychology of Sigmund Freud-"the sub-consciuous is a repository of thoughts not known to the conscious mind....bcoz painful memories are often repressed ..only to be discovered as a sudden retireival on meeting the aprrpriate stimulus....DREAMS REVEAL THE INNER CORE OF THE HUMAN PERSONA....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am familiar with Sigmund Freud and Freudism. I agree with every single letter of your comment. :)

      Delete
  4. http://floating-expressions.blogspot.in/2013/08/indian-democracy-at-cross-roads.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful expressions Shreya :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)