“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tacit Addiction

Hey.. Peeps.. :) If I gotta tell you what addiction is, I’d put it like this into words: You know that feeling deep inside that makes you feel like you can’t leave something, no matter how much you plan to get rid of it; you just can’t help it. You try being strict to yourself but at the end, your addiction overshadows your plans. You might not know if it’s good or bad, but it feels good for sure –that’s why you are addicted. And sometimes, addiction means a person you long for.

No am not addicted, or may be yes. All I can say is, I am addicted to something that may not exist or may be it exists in my imagination that keeps on adding up volumes like a bestseller novel. Everything is fine with addiction, its legal –the worst part is, you come to know about it when it has already happened to you and you are still trying to figure out when it happened.

I like this quote by Jean Cocteau: “Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live.” Did I mention like? Actually I love it. Sometimes addiction comes wrapped with passion, and gets transformed into obsession.

If you gotta get rid of addiction, you gotta get another one ready in line and that’s how the concept of addiction goes. Anyways, listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce -nice song, which goes like: If I could save time in a bottle; the first thing that I'd like to do, is to save every day; till Eternity passes away, just to spend them with you.. ♫ ♪ Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :)

8 comments:

  1. Addicted to addiction it seems - let go off one and find another? Interesting!

    Enjoyed finding the name of one of my favourite musicians here - not many know Jim Croce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yep, Jim Croce is not known by all but yes he has contributed a lot to music ♫ ♪

      Delete
  2. Interesting viewpoint on addiction, Shreya:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. addicted we all are.. to something or other..
    of our thoughts
    of our loved one..
    we just label them wid diff tags..

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts getting more complex :)
    the only thing I could make out that there exists a vicious addiction-obsession-maniac cycle~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, true.

      Resume blogging, what has happened to your posts?

      :)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)