“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Compromise

















Come and stand on my side;
count those missed opportunities,
and wonder why should I stand still;
being a victim of cursed calamities.

Walk with me those untrodden ways;
lost in the shadows of misfortune,
put your hands around my waist;
and dance on that echoing solitude tune.

All this is just a dream;
like those floating azure skies,
could it ever be real or;
its gonna be a part of compromise?

Why I gotta be the one;
whose happiness walks on broken glass?
and bleeds as the wound of expectations;
of which the pain seems not to pass.

Could you wait for me;
till all my wounds turn into scars?
or I gotta join my hands;
and make a wish on shooting stars?

All this is just a dream;
that keeps growing in size,
could it ever be real or;
its gonna be a part of compromise?

~Shreya ♥
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Facebook

10 comments:

  1. Wow :) It sure is deep, love it :)

    I blog, not so regularly at http://musings-over-nothing.blogspot.in/

    Love
    LG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for stopping by. Visiting your blog.

      Delete
  2. Half of life's expectations take shape of compromise! And believe it's no exception :(

    Nicely penned down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why I gotta be the one;
    whose happiness walks on broken glass?
    and bleeds as the wound of expectations;
    of which the pain seems not to pass.

    DOn't know about others but I have asked this question uncountable time and everytime I am returned with pain filled silence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why compromise when you can choose? Nice writing anyway, Shreya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful composition as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)