“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Argh.. I Hate Delays

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Yesterday I reached Bangalore, and I was so much pissed off with jetKonnect for regular delays –as a result of which I missed office yesterday and reached my PG at 11:17 p.m. (to be precise). I was left with no other option other than waiting and anyone could easily read that WTF look over my face, phew! Refund my money was what I was screaming on volume scale zero.

My B'day Cake :)
I had a copy of Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami, yes the same novel I was longing for. Where did I get it from? Good question, my sis gifted it to me on this Birthday that passed 4 days back (yea here is the pic of cake, was yumm). How did she know that I want this novel? Same source you people got to know from, my blog. She hates reading, but sometimes manages to tolerate my prose.

Okay, so I started reading it. The semi nude image of a Korean girl on the cover page must be the reason for people to stare at it for couple of minutes and couple of times. Whatever, I chuck that look. And this was when another text from jetKonnect was dropped in my inbox regarding another delayed schedule. Gawd, will I reach today? –was my question. And I was badly hungry; I could eat papers of this novel.

I reached late, slept late. I was supposed to reach office an hour before the regular time, wow! I had a great day. I hate delays, so much. If somebody ever asked me how much I hate delays –I’d have replied: as much as you hate it biting on the bitter side of a cucumber, as much as you hate alarm clock ringing in morning and as much as when there is a power cut while you are waiting for your favorite episode. Its 09:45 p.m. and now am feeling sleepy and writing this post. Hell lot of work to do, as expected. Gonna sleep.. Zzzz.. Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :) 

6 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes and who likes delays:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy b'day...and be happy for that your luggage didn't come in a separate flight ! I had that exp twice this month only..and that too JetKonnect flight :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks. Yea, I understand it would be more pathetic if I have to wait for my luggage coming from another flight, it has more chances in connecting flights. Sorry for you ;)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)