“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mutual Addiction























You are no stranger to me;
for all the things we share,
all those moments of happiness;
and the deep breaths of despair.

Looks like I’ve strayed into a dream;
and I don’t wanna open my eyes,
wake me up when its real;
‘cause am done dealing with lies.

Too much of anything can make you sick;
and you've become my new obsession,
I wonder if it’s gonna end up like this;
or its gonna be a mutual addiction?

Feels like am lost in an empty hallway;
sometimes it scares the hell outta me,
when memories try to chase me from behind;
I run away to escape the agony.

With bloodshot eyes, I dare to see reality;
I know I’ve gotta fall till I bleed,
putting my fingers crossed;
I dare to walk this one way street.

So temme, are you gonna walk beside?
‘cause I guess you are the one,
is it my shadow who’s gotta replace you?
or its gonna be a mutual addiction?

~Shreya ♥
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Google

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes this mutual addiction turns out to be very pathetic and hurting..especially when the person you are addicted to leaves in middle of everything.

    NIce portrayal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.. its so hard to travel one way street.

      Delete
  2. addictions that just grows with time..
    withdrawal is painful... but who cares about withdrawl when we are so much deep in it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true. it grows with time, and before we figure out we get addicted.

      Delete
  3. Addictions and withdrawl from them are equally painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no words to say,. beautifully written, very emotional one,.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What to say dear...
    It's so touching and with kind of helpless feeling comes.
    ''when memories try to chase me from behind;
    I run away to escape the agony.'' My Fav. lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful,almost haunting!
    -Portia

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)