“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, April 5, 2013

Leave And Don't Look Back





















It was Tuesday when we broke up;
and said goodbye in the pouring rain,
as per your last wish to me;
we promised we’ll never meet again.

Don’t wait till all my gut churns;
if you have to leave just leave,
I won’t ask you for reason;
‘cause that won’t make meaning, I believe.

Just leave and don’t look back;
we are just strangers now,
you became my habit;
I gotta get rid of, somehow.

You've stopped replying to my texts;
you don’t answer my calls,
it was always a waste of time;
like I was hitting my head against the wall(s).

Don’t worry ‘bout me;
I’ll manage without you,
hope you have a great life;
even if am not a part of it though.

Just leave and don’t look back;
we are just strangers now,
you became my habit;
I gotta get rid of, somehow.

 ~Shreya ♥
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Google

14 comments:

  1. Letting go ... scary, liberating, aching, nurturing to self!
    No matter who comes or who goes, where ever you go, there you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if forgetting was so easy..
    things would be so different

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgetting is easier and healthier than banging ur head while waiting for someone to reply back when they are never going to turn even if you are dying. I cn relate your words. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your poem a lot. I am in the same situation. But we have to be strong and not let other people to live in our heads rent free.:)) Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true.. we shouldn't let them live "rent free". :)

      Delete
  5. nice one....hope the characters of your poems do patch up one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..wonderful write..keep it up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "If Only" are words loaded with heavy meanings and a fantasy world of possibilities.. more pain, more lack, more yearning and more tears.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)