“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, April 15, 2013

Back To My Cocoon

Hey.. Peeps.. :) I've gotta lot to tell, okay something to tell y’all. Um.. So finally my leaves got approved and ‘am going home in May. Yay!! Oh.. it rhymes, LOL. And am so happy, for 2 reasons: 1. It’s my Birthday and this time I’ll be home 2. I am gonna see my family after long time, after 9 months to be very precise. You must be wondering how somebody can be happy for 2 reasons at same time, well it works with me. *Shrug*

So, here I go shopping. Though I hate shopping, it sucks but when it comes to family it’s a clause that can be negotiable. Am confused what to get for them? Now begins my countdown, 26 days to go. Gawd! Anyways, a secret wish which will be no more secret after this post will be published: I wanna have shots of Vodka with my sister, and I know it’s not possible at home.

Or may be yes, you never know. My mum is cool, few times “please” with an innocent face and she’ll nod yes. She knows I drink out of the blues. And as per my resolution 2013: I quit drinking, but chuck it. I didn't said when it’s my B’day and when I am happy and when my sister is with me I won’t drink. So it would be a fair deal if I’ll go for it, right? No am not breaking my promise, it’s like I am keeping it on pause for some time –ROFL.

Now I agree with this Chinese proverb: “One joy scatters a hundred griefs.” Okay if not hundred then at least few. And I really wanted a break, so badly. I was homesick like a fat kid craves for chocolate. I never realized what’s home. Once I went outta my cocoon and learnt flying I came to know, what’s home. There is no place in this world that can compensate home. Life is like this: unpredictable, meaningless, but still a gift. Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :)

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday...enjoy!..."one joy scatters a hundred grief"..impact creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday.. may god bless you health, happiness and lots of love.

    beautifully written,.

    visit: http://veeravista.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) xx thanks, I will read this comment on my real B'day :P

      Delete
  3. hey, I'm sure you'll have hell of a party..
    just enjoy and have loads n loads of fun.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a nice holiday and enjoy your birthday, bash!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)