“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jump Or Stay In The Boat

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come. –quoted Robert Harold Schuller (in Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!) Well, I dunno if I have just cut down the tree or I have decided to wait for the spring.

If somebody will ask me what I am bad at, I will not take too long to answer: decision making. I am kinda bad at making decisions, be it life, career, people; anything and sometimes it becomes so hard for me to convince myself even if I have made a right decision. Mostly, I make decisions keeping so many parameters in mind. It includes a huge calculation that keeps going on in my mind. And sometimes it is not even required.

Sometimes I just don’t say NO because I think what they will feel –no matter if it burns out my boat. I should accept I suffer from “what they will think syndrome”. If I’ll analyse my history then mostly I have made wrong decisions, wrong people were my pick, and dunnno what. So I have decided to quit wrong decision making, and it comes from experience. And am not gonna regret my decision(s). As I chose to be happy, no matter what.

Worst decision is when you have decided but still it doesn’t satisfy you in hell lot of ways and you long to go back in time to fix it. It is so expensive to afford a wrong decision. It consumes all your hope and leaves a vacuum around you. It is really scary. A bad decision scares you like nightmares, you know it is not true but it seems real and it becomes so hard to differentiate. “We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.” –Ken Levine. Signing out.. may God bless y’all.. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I like to think we are more than the sum of our choices. If we are bad at making them, does that make us in essence bad? I really don't think so :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. true..
    decisions are all that shapes our present n future..
    good ones keep us goin.. and bad ones.. well they haunt us all the time

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)