“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Scars


























I run through my life;
bare feet on the sands of time,
tryna hold the best moments;
which were abysmally mine.

Past seems to be beautiful;
present is a struggle I gotta win,
future scares me to the core;
and this is the world I live in.

There were times I fought alone;
and made wishes on shooting stars,
buried in the corner of my heart;
and all they’ve given me is scars.

The distance between dreams & me;
peels my wounds to the reality,
they bleed and aches so deep;
and I try to cover it with fantasy.

Seems like I am completely lost;
and there is no way out,
I feel locked in the vicious circle;
no one comes to help and I scream loud.

I gotta get out of this;
gotta play my sorrows on guitar(s),
no matter if it tears me apart;
I gotta live with these scars.

~Shreya ♥
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Google

14 comments:

  1. Yes, you will get out of this - this is a start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scars heal with time and hopes are all we live with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poetry Shreya! Sometimes, we are so weak to face the reality that we escape into the world of fantasy. Even I've written a poem on the same subject.

    A small suggestion, As your blog background is dark, if you use a dark font for the text, it will be bit difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh.. okay, I'll take care of the font color.

      Delete
  4. I gotta get out of this;
    gotta play my sorrows on guitar(s)...
    Love these lines...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shreya,

    It is a must that we dream and try to achieve those but should be content with whatever the result be. That is the way to be happy and have no scars.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.. but sometimes the fantasy overshadows the reality.

      Delete
  6. Past seems to be beautiful;
    present is a struggle I gotta win,
    future scares me to the core;
    and this is the world I live in.

    This really suits me. You know sweetie? You should really go publish a book of poems! You are gifted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, glad to have this comment here :D

      Delete
  7. There were times I fought alone;
    and made wishes on shooting stars,
    buried in the corner of my heart;
    and all they’ve given me is scars.

    Loved this part. :')

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)