“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Salt Of The Earth

Albert Camus
Hey.. Peeps.. :) There have been few of the authors I love to read in all the circumstances. I would love to meet them and talk them for hours. Its like I read them and feel like talking them, asking them so many things and tell them that they inspire me to the core. I consume much reading than normal people do, I believe -I'll be happy if I'll be given a bed and a book.

Albert Camus: I loved him always, and always wanted to meet him till I knew that he is no more and died in a car accident. "Life is meaningless" -he said. I completely agree. 


Haruki Murakami
Haruki Murakami: I came to know about him through a quote, and then it became a habit to search his quotes and explore more about him. All thanks to Goodreads. Would love to read his Sputnik Sweetheart & Norwegian Wood.


Chuck Palahniuk
Chuch Palahniuk: His quotes always use to think me so deep, I love to think and I keep thinking. I sleep and think and half of the times it feels like whether I slept or thought I slept. Always loved his quotes. Wanna read his Novel -Diary, I wish I could get a copy and find out what is there in it.


John Lennon
John Lennon: Always loved his music, loved the way the wrote every song. Love The Beatles. From where he got all those thoughts he kept in "Imagine". No more, died even much before my birth. 


Robert H. Schuller
Robert Harold Schuller: Came to know about him when I got copy of his novel: Success Is Never Ending & Failure Is Never Final and since then I love to read him. He inspires me in thousand ways and he is the one always there learn from. He is 86, still full of life.

Many more are there to write about: J. Krishnamurthi, Paulo Coelho, Hellen Keller, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Robin Sharma, William Wordsworth, St. Taylor Coleridge, Elizabeth Browning and many more.. Love to read all these when I am alone: "When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone." -Tennessee Williams. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

6 comments:

  1. Shreya,

    You seem to have an insatiable taste for good books with meaningful quotes. Keep it up.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. my knowledge of these prolific writers stands improved now..so poor it is that I know none of them except Wordsworth and Paul Coelho!..happy reading..how about taking to writing yourself and getting published..terrific quote by Tennessee Williams..~loneliness in groups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) There must have been many authors whom I have missed or not even aware of that they do exist.
      -Nice option, but time consuming. P.S. No time.

      Delete
  3. I would like to add to this list yet another name who is not among the contemporary writers, but I think his name is worth mentioning- Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol . You didn't mention Shakespeare, right? "Julius Caesar" or"Othello" ?? His name is known to all though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol.. Hmm.. I gotta find out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)