“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Pendulum

Hey.. Peeps.. :) So how many of you have this question: where the hell I was from past 1 week? Okay without any dilly dallying I must answer and the answer is: I dunno, I was busy reading some weird things, listening some alternative music, thinking too much and getting myself into bad mood.

I’ve read somewhere: “Smile, it's easier than explaining why you're sad.. and it is true. So I kinda follow this. For me time has always mattered. I am always in hurry, God know where the hell I gotta go. Time has always been the most expensive thing to afford, today also. I kinda struggle to save my time but God knows where the hell I consume it.

Now I think if I’ll have time I’ll do this and that and finally on weekends when time seems to be in my favour, I get my own share of things waiting to be done on priority. Weekends –for me are the days I get after waiting for 5 ½ days. I always hate Mondays, right from my school days. It reminds me that so many days are there to pass to get a Sunday.

Rough sketch -by me :)
As a matter of big surprise, there were days when I hated Sundays. I hated staying at home, hated killing time sitting all day long. Now I wish I could have 2-3 days and I spend in bed, reading novels, no internet, no calls, good music, good food, and a couple of good friends. Think a lot and write a sonnet. Strange thing about pendulum is: it gets back to the start as it swings, without returning back the time.

I donno when life will offer me all this. To plan a single thing I have to plan so many things I don’t even wanna think about. Sometimes I can relate myself with this quote by Vin Diesel: You know when something feels so good but you're afraid to feel good about it? So you kinda hold back? Everyone says, Congratulations, you must be so happy. And you say something stupid like, I'm just doing what little I can with what little I have.

I heard a thousand blended notes,
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.
-William Wordsworth (Lines Written In Early Spring) So true, I guess all of us have felt the same at least once. Right? Signing Out, may God bless.. y’all.. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I exactly have the similar observations about time and probably most people feel the way you do about it and the haste part . I think its yet another must read from you which gets another '' wow'' from me. The way you present simple topics in your blog so decently is something that is really praiseworthy. Keep it up. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    Time waits for no one. So one has to catch time to do what one wishes to. Also one needs to have proper focus on priorities to make best use of time available. I also would love to spend time without internet or phone reading good books enjoying good music and food. And I do it at times.

    Take are

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)