“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Negligibly Equal

Hey.. Peeps.. :) "Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it." -Ann Brashares. So true, especially when you are in an unknown city between unknown bunch of people -mutually strange. For those who are tempted to ask me if am homesick -Yes am homesick and I won't mind listening Bieber if it can take me home if somebody will ask me so. (P.S. I hate Bieber). 

If anyone will ask me what is my first priority among family & career? -I would not waste time to think what to choose, obviously it will be my family though my family and career are negligibly equal on priority. I dunno 'bout others but I can satisfy only one at one time. To satisfy myself with my career I am am left unsatisfied in context of family. It sometimes gives me a feeling like -Goddamn I fucked up everything and sometimes I feel like I'll make it back to normal.

I really want to do few simple things that I've planned to do this time I'll go home. I'll take my family to dinner, I'll ask my dad to leave his wallet and cards at home -else he won't let me pay. I'll gift them surprisingly something I know they wanted in their life for so long but to fulfill my wishes they ignored their own and I wanna witness those expression they'll get when they'll remove the gift wrapper.

I'll cook something, it can be anything that I can cook -yes maggi is on #1 in the list. I'll ask my mom to take a day off from kitchen and I'll handle kitchen in auto pilot mode. I'll take my sister to a movie she'll like to watch and then make her shop any one thing she wants from her never ending list. I'll take a lot of pictures and ask my dad to take minimum 3 days off no matter what. 

Finally when I'll leave for Bangalore I'll get one big brownie and ask them to drop me to airport and say me good bye -crying is strictly prohibited. There are so many things in life that are on my priority. They are coming one by one -they change their positions also but family was, is and always on #1 no matter if the difference between my career and family is 0.1%. My parents have done a lot for me, I'll be happy if I'll do 10% of it for them. P.P.S. -Got gift for my sister and left bankrupt. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

2 comments:

  1. Shreya,

    Family takes top priority. It is for them only that most of us work, isn't it? But one should not neglect work as that will hurt family. I hope you can do all that you plan to during next holidays with them, specially cooking. Relax and concentrate on work for now.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)