“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear God! Do Something..

Hey.. Peeps.. :) "Many people pray as if God were a big aspirin pill; they come only when they hurt." -B. Graham Dienert. Well I won't say I pray all day long, but yes prayer is a part of my daily schedule -I can't miss. I pray before sleeping, I know He knows everything but still I like to narrate and I know He never gets bore to listen me. Yeah.. I just know.

I remember when I was 6 something, I got a pair of new shoes and I just wanted it to show to God but we cannot take shoes to temple. Sounds stupid, I know I have always been like this -expecting the unexpected, wanna touch the intangible, dreaming a dream and here I've got another version of me. In words of people around me -its weird!! How many of you are nodding vertically? I'll kill you all and I mean it. *LOL*

This week was boring, hectic, ah.. didn't get time to blog. I know its all about priorities, well this week priorities changed. I just wanted to see some movies to get back to normal mode, so I gave all my time to movies, songs and whatever makes me feel good -strong coffee always works. But there is something now I want to happen -some dreams of mine, some long kept wishes and some unanswered prayers -whispered long back. 

Do something God, its been an year. Okay, I know you have your own plans for me. But this time its urgent, it really is. I just wish there could be an address where I can drop my letters to God or at least God could be online so that I could ping Him regarding the status of my prayer(s). I know "God is not a cosmic bellboy for whom we can press a button to get things." -Harry Emerson Fosdick. I don't pray with a clause that is not negotiable. I never make my prayers a deal. This time it looks like I reminded God 'bout my wishes and He just snoozed it for sometime. Putting my fingers crossed, let it happen. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

6 comments:

  1. It's a nice blog to provide a good information. You shared a really good information. I bookmarked this blog further more useful information. Thanks for sharing this.......... Dental Clinic in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    You mean you had been abnormal last week? LOL. I fully agree with you that one should remember God at all times and not just when one is in trouble. There is a couplet, it think by Sant Kabir, which goes like this DUKH MEIN SIMRAN SAB KAREIN SUKH MEIN KARE NAA KOI, SUKH MEIN JO SIMRAN KARE TO DUKH KAHE KO HO which translated roughly means that in sad times everyone remembers God but not when happy, if one remembers God when happy then why should sadness come. You do not have to take things to temple to show it to God, just remember God who resides in your heart and give thanks for getting that item.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to thank God when things go right too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even, me too :)

      "His wealth may be in billions;
      o'er countless lands his rule,
      but if he doesn't serve his God;
      he is the world's greatest fool." -Remember?

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)