“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fleeting Happiness

Hey.. Peeps.. :) How many of you decide to do what makes you feel happy? and how many of you do the same? There has been a phase in every one's life when he is happy despite the traits: low> medium> high. Happiness means different to different people, different people search for different content in their happiness and people label their smile as happiness.

I believe, the true happiness is what stays even when your smile disappears. Its a feeling your core transmits to your lips that forms curve upright, people name it as smile. I have experienced happiness, I won't complain I didn't -though my hunger is not satisfied (well, whose is?). Humans are greedy creatures -they can survive without food, but the hunger for happiness kills them. The more you'll serve the more they'll ask for.


Nothing is permanent neither our happiness nor our sorrows, so our happiness also fleets fast -change is the only constant value by virtue of which we calculate our emotions and classify them as derivatives of 3 basic feelings: anger, sadness & happiness. A phrase I use to remind whenever I am low: "both shall pass" -It reciprocates my sadness. I never dare to recall it in happiness, it works as catalyst. 


A little pain, a little pleasure;
a little heaping up of treasure,
then no more gazing upon the Sun;
all things must end that have begun. 
-My all time favorite quote by John Payne, it inspires me to the core. 

Life is a balanced game, as far as my naive knowledge about life is concerned. Everything is balanced -sorrow> happiness> failure> success. Life is all about all these, if you've missed any of these -life is not yet complete. There is more to come, welcome it with open arms. Signing out, may God bless y'all.. :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Shreya,

    Quite true, life is all about balance and weighing everything on the scales. That's the true way to lead a complete and fulfilled life. :)

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! and you just have your very own beautiful definition of happiness :)
    And I hope you always find a reason to stay happy. Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is in the simplest things of life as I see:) Have a great New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Shreya...
    Thanx for visiting there at my world...

    Noopur
    http://apparitionofmine.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shreya,

    So true that change is the only thing which is constant. Happiness is there withing but we fail to find it. If one feels content with what one has, that is happiness.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)