“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Common Anecdotes

Hey.. Peeps.. :) "As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer" -Robert Quillen. Whoever we are, we have anecdotes -common, unique, fake, imaginary.. so many tags to categorize. I like to write about the common & simple things of my life, I love simple things. I usually don't like colors. 

Unlike many others, my job has become a biggest part of my life. I may make it sound hard to believe but, its true that I dream about my job, my work twice a week. If I gotta share my anecdotes, then it would include common things: dreams, job, passion, hobbies. I don't have interesting love stories to tell and sell and witness wow expressions.

Like other girls my wardrobe is not full of nail paints, foot wears, colorful scarfs and other stuff. I like to keep books, and I always manage space for my guitar and people always ask me about the things that don't interest me. People expect me to tell them the interesting anecdotes and make them come out of the room of monotony. 

Well, my anecdotes will always be simple and customized according to my wish 'cause this is the way I like them to be. If they are interested in some other kinda topic, they have all the rights to write their own. Don't try to edit mine, its kinda copyright protected and not on sale. 

I wish people to share their anecdotes in their original version, to summarize them and add fake effects will make if taste like distilled water diluting their personality. People are fond of hiding things, they manipulate truth coating it with lies. Don't scream your anecdotes out loud, it won't attract people to listen -be a writer of best one, and it will work. Signing out, may God bless y'all.. :)

10 comments:

  1. Books.
    Yes. Just like you I do not have makeups, nail art or wardrobe full of dresses. I like to limit myself to my necessities only. I have a huge passion of books, so majority of my possession include books and my cupboard, along with every bookshelf in my house is occupied by my books.
    That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It nice to have books around. Gimme a book and a bed and I'll be happy.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shreya,

    Nice to hear that you're using the shelf and cupboard space for books, as they truly are a human's (man as well as woman :D)best friend.

    Keep posting.

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity and originality, well said Shreya:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shreya,

    I agree that we should be truthful while sharing our experiences.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Else there is no meaning in fakes.

      Delete
  5. Great you have books! the everlasting friend..
    Books have become the soul of my life..I'm reading like a manaic these days...gone to the extent of setting up a mini-library in my room..even left job and risking my career for it..feel very compulsive to blog but it would distract me since all my reading is for cracking the CSE exams...and the latest quotes-writing anecdotes

    "we always don't need vehicles and time-machines to travel across space and time,sometimes the pages of a book take us much farther!"

    "There's no better thrill than to take the plunge knowing fully you can't swim~you either perish or learn swimming!"

    "People call it madness..how about taking it to perfect madness!"

    "Misunderstanding don't exist..for one's understanding is a mere reflection of the glasses one wears and no body knows who has got the right ones!"

    oops wrote an essay in a comment box!
    perhaps it's overdose of reading philosophy and psychology..

    keep writing ,keep sharing!

    last one
    "There's no better place to live than the world of words"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with every single word of yours.

      All the best for CSE Exams. :)

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)