“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, November 12, 2012

Social Wallflower




I was a child when I was afraid of dark;
and the shadows around that I see,
but there was always an angel around;
who was there to take care of me.

I’ve grown up and so has become the shadow;
and the fear still resides where it used to be,
with a silent scream and whispered voice.
it echoes aloud inside me.

Every minute drags like an hour;
and I feel like a social wallflower.

Nobody can hear the scream;
they’ve got the scream of their own,
it reaches to my core, I can hear it;
but no one is there to hear mine –so alone.

I had a world of my own;
but it seems to be left behind,
I see it in the rear mirror till it disappears;
with the memories at the back of my mind.

Every minute drags to be like an hour;
and I feel like a social wallflower.

~Shreya 
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Google

8 comments:

  1. wow!! this is such a beautiful and touching poem..
    while ur at it, being a social wallflower,
    be a flower radiating fragrance and happiness to everyone :)
    "I had a world of my own;
    but it seems to be left behind"\
    GET IT BACK! :)

    http://taintedfingers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. inpalpable serene loneliness...a theme of poetry I absolutely love..this one is deeply mystic too Shreya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Feelings deep down told so nicely. We all live our life alone even when we have so many people around.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a world of my own, but it seems to be left behind. Yeah, I can relate to that. This was a beautiful poem, and expressed very well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)