“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shadows Of Solitude

























I just wanna be alone;
in the world of my own,
away from people –heart stone;
I know I gotta reap what I’ve sown.

I wanna escape somehow;
and travel those untrodden ways ,
where nobody knows me;
and I’ll spend some nomadic days.

I walk the paths of loneliness;
away from the world –so brute,
I donno which way to go now;
and I follow the shadows of solitude.

Nobody cares, neither care I;
and it doesn't hurt me anymore,
‘cause I know how to deal with it;
 I don’t let it reach my core.

Its been so long, nobody asked ‘bout me;
why do I care ‘bout the people around?
I gotta be happy with what I am;
I’ll too forget them like I’ve never known.

So I will keep going on;
against the world –so rude,
It doesn’t exist for me anymore;
and I follow the shadows of solitude.

~Shreya ♥ (Written In Insomnia)
P.S.1. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S.2. Image: Facebook
P.P.S. Copyright © Protected

12 comments:

  1. ..writers find life in solitude..when solitude befalls a person..he/she finds solace in the company of words..words become his/her weapon
    ..the world around is fake and cosmetic..be happy with this new found solitude..nurture it to transform yourself into a wonderful writer...enjoy your solitude.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am so agreed with every single word you wrote :)

      Delete
  2. ..and keep writing beautifully..keep bleeding words.. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Realization beautifully penned. One has to be strong to be at own without depending on others.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really flowing from the heart! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice... Solitude...hmmm
    Have writen something around it long back.. do have a look...

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gone through that post, nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)