“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Being Neutral

Hey.. Peeps.. :) "Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some of the smaller countries are neutral." -quoted Robert Orben and I agree. I just don't stand the people who tell themselves as neutral in the times of taking sides. Actually they are not neutral in choosing sides, they are neutral in everything -they are neither alive nor dead and that's how they opt for the worst combo.

People think being quiet in tough times, and being neutral in choosing sides will save them. Ah.. I am tempted to ask them -how? The annoying thing is that they don't even accept that they are neutral, they pretend to be in both the favor. "Neutrality may be useful, but it's useful like eunuchs are useful. Once you cut off their balls they grow big and strong, but you can never be sure if they will serve the harem or the master." - quoted Vaughn Sherman.

Hypocrisy is one of the reason of being neutral -I guess. Here is the neutral symbol designed by me. People may prefer but when it comes to action they will opt them outta the options. Being neutral  may portray you the image you wanna get but then there is no lie that can survive long under the veil. It has to come out in so many different versions and then you won't have any choices, not even being neutral.


How difficult is it to reveal the side or option you have chosen. Not choosing any of the both won't prove you fair enough, it will surely raise the fingers towards you. "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." -quoted Desmond Tutu.

Thinking -is what I follow in all kinda situations, and normally normal people do the same and I suggest everyone the same before they open their mouth. I just don't count neutrals in existence, for me they are objects occupying space with no expiry date. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

6 comments:

  1. being neutral is good idea, checkout my blog at
    http://www.onjokes.blogspot.com
    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, will surely visit yours. :)

      Delete
  2. Shreya,

    Thought provoking post laced with good quotations. I agree that one should not be neutral for every situation but at times it is needed also, like if our son and daughter in law have an argument, I would rather not take sides unless it becomes a must to settle the issue by taking side of one who is right mostly.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,
    and I am completely satisfied with your website.
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in turn you are sharing with each one!…

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)