“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Agony Of Being Different

Hey.. Peeps.. :) People won't stop staring for something new, unusual and outta their mind. They will keep on giving that WTF look. They just can't help it. It may feel being the odd one but that's what it takes to be different. Everything new, unusual has to go through such obnoxious phase 'cause people may not be as smart as you think. They may be dumb enough to understand that they may take years to get that thing into their ole brains. I simply chuck that WTF look, for what it may be. Yeah!

I know you must be thinking what the hell I am talking about -scratching your head, right? Well, lemme tell y'all: its all about being different. Everyone is different in their own way, and so am I. People won't stop giving that WTF look when you pass around them singing your favorite song that has conquered your mind, wearing your old blue jeans with that patch/quote you like to put on, your old converse -almost torn, the way you mosh and all other such things. Do you limit yourself or its not your choice? -Think!!


Well lemme tell what I sometimes think outta the blues: Against this world and the people around -color my hairs to blue, back & blonde. Dress up in blue, grey, black & white. Drive long to some new road, I have never been before in the month of November. Dance in November rain at the middle of street, fly kites up high in sky. Feed a hundred birds, hug all the pups and kitties, spend time in gardening -planting, watering and playing with butterflies around. Sleep for hours without keeping an alarm around. Bunk office for a week, turn my phone off for a month, don't login my facebook for a week, don't reply a single mail for months and then come to know who were the jerks who missed me.Cook what I feel like eating, having lots and lots of chocolates & ice-creams at 2:00 a.m., gift my family and friends whatever they want. 

Write few beautiful lyrics for my favorite band/singer sitting around a lake. Walk alone a lonely street on a moonlit night at around 2:00 a.m. -don't care what these Mother F will think where I was whole night. Sing my voice out in the bathroom and scream like anything. Get tattoos on my wrist, forehand, neck and collar bone. Own a DSLR and click every single thing I want. Get a pug, a rabbit, a kitty and play with them all day long. Watch a movie, and whistle aloud. Whistle aloud for India at every six & four. 

Booze hard so that hangover doesn't pass. Dance like Shakira, don't care if it gives me backache for a week. Paint with nice colors a semi nude painting without thinking that people will portray it in different way -so bullshit. All this seems to be a dream, actually it is a dream, a thought, stuff that I use to imagine before going to sleep. But somewhere it bothers me what if all this will look like odd one out, how will I get back to normal for this agony of being different. People won't understand, never. They will criticize as always. So here I am to chuck this shit out and do what ever I want to. Being different feels good and it comes along with its own share of agony and loneliness, agree? Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

10 comments:

  1. I just loved this, Shreya. Very very inspiringly written.

    You may therefore like this http://anupampatracontemplates.blogspot.in/2012/04/being-different.html

    Give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    Just do what your own conscience permits without giving a thought to what others will say but please do not try to walk alone in deserted street at 2 AM for your own safety.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk alone a lonely street on a moonlit night at around 2:00 a.m. ,Write few beautiful lyrics for my favorite band/singer sitting around a lake........two things I like too!......it's better to walk alone as one likes,entirely as one wants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your website is good, but always try to improve it or innovate and it’ll be even better.Take it as a Suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)