“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Of Dots & Lines

Hey.. Peeps.. :) I remember in junior classes during reading sessions in class I used to draw sketches in my text book. I was caught so many times when teacher asked me to read the next paragraph -most of the time I had to ask my classmates where I have to begin reading. No wonder I used to out of class twice a week. That was one of the reason why I hate parent-teacher meeting. 

I have been always so passionate about sketching and so I am today. The change is, earlier I used to draw cartoons like Chip 'N' Dale, Donald Ducks, Power Puff Girls, Pooh etc. now I have my interest in faces -expressions, hand postures, themes like loneliness, darkness, target, rat race and all. I have noticed, in fine mood all I draw is bright and fair and when am down in bad mood all I can draw is shadows, incomplete faces, gothic images, wide eyes etc.


I sometimes like work of Sir Winston Churchill. I know he used to draw water and boat in most of his paintings. I am so damn passionate about "The Vitruvian Man" by Leonardo Da Vinci. Love artwok by Pablo Picasso -you can find my desktop as either paintings/sketches, some music bands or quotes. I remember a quote by Pablo Picasso: There are painters who transform the Sun into a yellow spot, but there are other who with the help of their art and their intelligence transform a yellow spot into the Sun. I love this quote -no end.

Here are some of my sketches that may look funny, that turned out to be something else as per my imagination, that may be confusing -so I have added caption to all of them.


Traget!  (Inspired by image in TOI)
Death, #13! (Inspired by image in TOI)

Marilyn Monroe -Rough Sketch
Mood Swing, Enigma!

Smile, Enigma 
Incomplete Face, Muse!
A sketch based on the typical rat race, target and corporate work culture. (Inspired by image in TOI)
Time! You say time goes, Alas! time stays we go -Austin (Inspired by image in TOI)
These are few sketches by me, I gotta share. Hope it won't scare you :) Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

12 comments:

  1. hmm Shreya u seem to have a deep knowledge of arts/paintings etc..nicely drawn sketches too..particularly I liked the first two and the last..the first one instantly reminded me a recent snack ad on tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    Thanks for sharing the magic of your hands. Hope to see more and more. And possess one if I am lucky.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that rat race one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been drawing all my life, mostly pen and ink and from life, trees, etc. This makes me want to pull out my dusty sketchbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Love this comment, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic, Shreya! You're a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketches, Shreya .... Especially liked the third from bottom .... Keep sharing .... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)