“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Black



























Darkness is all I can see;
in and all around me,
as I open my eyes there is nothing to find;
as I close it, all I am is –blind.

All I can feel is to cry for all my confessions;
with bloodshot eyes I look for all my lost passions,
for there is no more to give away;
I am a puppet of skin no meaning left to pray.

Numb is all I can feel even when I fall;
all I look like is like a picture on the wall,
lost in darkness, crawling towards light –so weak;
screaming all my sorrows out, dragged to black.

Tears don’t fall, am choked within;
looks like am paying for all my sin(s),
counting my days left to pass;
closing my eyes, putting my fingers cross(ed).

What do I do, where do I go?
darkness around passes by so slow;
looks like it will take lifetime to fade;
and I long for light –so bad.

I crawl every single inch towards light;
so weak but am trying to fight,
I wish I could get a chance to sneak;
but the shades of dark drag me to black.

~Shreya
P.S. 1 My creation, please do not copy!!
P.S. 2 Copyright © Protected
P.P.S. Image: Facebook

13 comments:

  1. Shreya,

    Girl here needs to be brave and pull out of this pessimism. It may be difficult but NOT impossible.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I am so close to every verse of this poem. I kinda relates with this.

      Thanks for stopping by on my every post. :)

      Delete
  2. Wish that you will find the beyond darkness...
    Full of lights waiting to shower on you...

    I have the same situation.. you can read it on.
    http://vdreams13.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Welcome to my page. Thanks for stopping by.. Gone through your write ups. :)

      Delete
  3. That is pretty heavy. :o


    However, the blue twitter bird that keeps flying across the screen is wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.. I know, the theme is gothic. It got to be heavy. :)

      Delete
  4. Excellent with darkness... Shreya! I really find light within a blind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work is half done -Its great to know it reached to readers what I inked. Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. deep words..evokes kind of nostalgia in me...last 2 para beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)