“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Place Called Home

Hey.. Peeps.. :) Last Saturday around 8:35 a.m. I landed in Lucknow, and I heard myself saying: yes! am almost home. Daddy was waiting out for me and before I saw him, he found me out. You look weak - remarked daddy. I: daddy! that's called slim, weak? Please! am a big girl, I mean strong girl. Yeah, that I can see -daddy (hiding smile that broke into a laugh)

Okay lets go home. He drove me home and I noticed all the changes in the city. It was good to be back. I rang the door bell (same old "ting-tong" boring bell, I always wanted my door bell to be customized to my favorite songs). Mom came running like a bullet. She opened the door, took luggage from my hands and kissed on my forehead. Mom! don't kiss me, everybody is staring -I snarled. You look weak - Aww! my baby. Mom! that's called slim, not weak -I explained. Is it? - she investigated, wondering. Yeah! - I shrugged.

So what you wanna have? -Mom asked. Mom, stop treating me like guests. I am home, lemme feel like coming home. I am not hungry. - I said. Yeah? Look at me and say -she said back to me. Darn! (moms, donno what kinda sensors they have to detect what I am up to and what I feel like.) -I said to myself. In mean time sister also came and hugged me. Please stay away or I'll die of claustrophobia -I teased her. I stepped in my room, it was decorated -balloons, teddies, flowers and all. I loved it.

That was how my welcome was -simple, lovely. I love simple things. My sister prepared a slideshow on all my memories and changes made in my home. She sent that to me long back, but because of old version of software I couldn't open that. I finally saw it at home -heart touching. I am having all my favorite food. Till last Friday, I was 52 kgs. Now I can bet when I'll be back to Bangalore I'll add some 3-5 kgs. One more benefit of being back to home is that your salary account is so untouched that you apparently forget your pin number. I came with one bag here, and mom has planned to send me with two. Moms again! :P

As per my promise to myself -I told my mom that I tried vodka in Bangalore, twice. And as per my belief -she accepted that. :) Personally I don't like the taste -Yuck! Why people drink -Gawd knows! Anyways, yesterday was friendship day so how could I miss wishing Duplicate happy friendship day? So I just bought a friendship band -and it was 8:00 p.m. when I drove to her place and tied the band and gifted her the cross -she was so fond of and asked me to get one from Bangalore. 

So that's how my days are going. I am happy and wish to be the same. I feel like doing cartwheels -This is all, a home mean to me. These are just some favorite, happy episodes going on. Thank you Lord for whatever I possess today, I owe you everything I have. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

3 comments:

  1. touchy..emotionally beautiful..maybe first home-coming after some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    Have all the fun while being at home. When are you going back to Bangalore?

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you sound so happy! Must feel awesome to be back home :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)