“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dumb But Real

Hey.. Peeps.. :) No, today I'll not bore you from my boring prose. No, I am not promising but at least I can make an attempt. Don't laugh, it distracts me from writing something good. (As if I write good, LOL!) Okay, so around an hour back mom called me, asking how am I feeling now? I said, yeah am fine and after a pause I sneezed: aa.. aa.. aakchhooo!! Mom: Yea that I know, how much you are fine. Ah.. caught you: she replied. We laughed it off. 


Moms! They are awesome creatures, they figure everything out before you try to speak. I always had a bad luck while lying. Every time I lied, I got caught. I remember I was hiding my report card at my back when mom asked what are you hiding? Nothing! : I replied. Her next statement was if you want to get it signed then show me. She already knew everything still I made the best possible attempt to hide, as if she doesn't know anything.


Hmm.. I tell you one thing: I asked my mom today: Did you ever had a boyfriend? No: She replied. I wonder why she didn't asked: why? But I can hear you people asking why, right? Nothing, simply. I wanted to ask so I did. My mom also laughed the way most of you are laughing. I feel blessed to have such mom-dad to talk and share anything any time. They always welcome even my dumbest questions. They have always answered my stupid questions except this one: Mom, why you didn't took me to your marriage? -While looking at her wedding album (I was in grade 8 then, to be precise). 


Um.. my work is like this, sometimes people kinda shout on me and I can't shout back on anybody so what I do is I shout back at mirror. Sometimes I love to be stupid. Yes, mind "sometimes". But whatever, I love my work. Yes I really do and that's why I have faith that I'll do something good for me. These days, I guess am putting on weight. I donno, I wanna lose some kgs. I must start walking to office again. But there is a demon called lazyness in me that pulls me back. Not anymore, at least while returning I can walk to my PG. Okay, from tomorrow I am "on". I know I am saying only, again tomorrow I'll wave an auto and reach PG. 


Oops! I guess I said I'll not bore you but I did. Should I thank you for reading my boring prose? If you are nodding your head in vertical then forget, I am not gonna say because I know before you'll reach this line you must have moved outta this page. I am not sleepy, but that doesn't mean I'll make you more bore. C'mon that much sanity I have in me. LOL! But still if anyone has stayed till the last line, then thanks for showing the guts. I may be dumb, but I am real whoever I am. I hate being fake. Okay, I can't torture you people anymore. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice writing, Shreya and it is true that mom would know almost everything and understand you in whatever situation you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's are the most wonderful people on earth ! Pop's come next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Mothers have telepathic power to know you better. You will understand this when you become one. This was not boring as you opened your heart very well. Yes, one should never put on fake facade.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello hello check mic testing 1, 2, 3..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read your column.the thing when you said to ur mom and dad that y i m not there in ur marriage is the same question i listen from the mouth of little cousin brother and he is just 4 years old now...that time he starts crying coz everyone is there except him...the situation is really nice and that how we celebrate our new year that day .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. shreya,
    After reading your post i can remember the same question i asked to my mom that why i am missing in her marriage photo and i started crying..mom replied that "u were serving the sweets to guests who came to the marriage and u were very helpful at tat time". mother is the biggest gift to all of us..

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)