“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Outta Cocoon

Hey.. Peeps.. :) How is life going? Um.. am fine. Did I took too long to think whether am fine? Well, I guess am fine but not the way I wanted. Um.. still am trying to put my words to express as exactly as I wanted. Its been 3 and half months in Bangalore. When I look back then I find myself trying hard to believe how I managed to live without my family. 


Yes.. these days am homesick, and every damn thing reminds me of home. Hostel food sucks and every day I have to fight with the owner as breakfast gets over before I wake up. I just don't like anybody disturbing me while am having breakfast, I don't even pick calls. I just listen some opera music in morning while having breakfast and pray to Lord for giving me food on my table. This is why I came to Bangalore. 


I feel like am out of my cocoon (where I was given love, fun, and whatever I pointed my finger at. My heaven was there in my home.) Now I am a part of rat race or I must say a programmed robot in the war of machines. Should a professionalist be emotional? May be, but not during working hours. We are hired to work emotionlessly, accurately just like machines: command+enter= result (target). 


Sometimes I feel like packing my bags and go to my home for a week and turn my phone off. Live with my family, meet my friends, go to college to meet my teachers. But a fleeting thought makes me back off, it reminds me not to use heart when you are out for profession. I know I'll do something good with my life someday, but sometimes it quests whatever I am doing is really what I wanted? I somehow convince myself to nod my head vertically yet half-heartedly. 


I love changes and that's why I can take anything that Lord has planned to send my way. Okay, lets change the topic: 


Bad Things Happened:

  • Got cough.
  • Feeling homesick.

Good things happened: 

  • I tried Vodka. No, my mom- dad donno. I'll be dead the day they will figure it out, but I'll tell them when I'll go home. Yes!! 
  • I am ignoring lifts in office, so every Monday is my "No Lift Day". I don't use lifts on Mondays. 
  • I can sleep properly these days.

So.. I guess, I can manage my life outta my cocoon. I believe one day I'll learn to fly. Putting my fingers crossed. Signing out.. my God bless y'all.. :)

7 comments:

  1. Best wishes , Shreya! After all life is pretty fair and home is one place everyone misses if away for too long:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya,

    We all have to come out of our comfort zone, Cocoon or Home, at some time or the other to make our own place in the world. Even those in family business need to prove their worth in life. I am sure that with your positive outlook to life you will taste success at whatsoever you do, not withstanding minor hic-ups of feeling sad.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya :)

    Feeling good to stop by your space after a long time!
    You are my chirping bird ..always playful! :)

    Hmm.. feeling homesick ..well such feelings really irritate but still try to enjoy every moment. :)

    Much love
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn’t know it s a good thing to try vodka, is that wat you were actly doing in the cocoon?
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi shreya,
    this is really strange co-incident.I'm in bangalore too,out of delhi,for job...feeling the same way..could relate to this post...hmm I feel that one must introspect oneself to find what he/she really wants in life..whether it's money,respect,job-satisfaction,being a writer/singer etc ..whatever..then move towards it!!it's just one precious life,live it our way...ops wrote an essay..but that's my current state..so much so that I may leave my job..nice to read this post...the essay ends!::)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rahul Sir: Hmm.. true!

    @Ashok: Me too.. :)

    @Jack Sir: Completely agree with you.

    @Simran: Yea, right. :) xx

    @Deeps: Lol, no! :P

    @Rohit: Yea, I know we are in same boat since.. long back :P

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)