“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Nothing Like That


I stared at you and you caught me;
I froze there for a while,
you smiled over me, I got melt;
and I too faked you a smile.

You got me completely lost;
I moved on and pretended to be okay,
I acted completely insane;
every time I tried something to say.

People ask me are you okay?
and at my back they pat,
they ask me are you in love?
I smile and say nothing like that.

Even though I doubt it;
but I donno what to name this?
I am confused and outta my mind;
for all the time I try and guess.        

Imma make an attempt;
to ask you to explain,
do you feel the same?
or temme whom to complain?

‘cause people ask me what’s going on?
I find myself speechless when they chat,
they doubt me if I am in love?
I smile and say nothing like that.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Work Of Fiction!!

8 comments:

  1. By saying "nothing like that" we end up saying more than that as unspoken words, often left unheard, speaks more than the lies we speak with words to convince the world of half-truths and whole lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful! It's like what I'm feeling right now. I get completely lost at his stare, just one stare and I freeze. And I'm quite confused why I always react like that. :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Read 2 posts now. Belated Happy Birthday. Where is my piece of cake? Finished all, glutton! It is good idea to overcome one weakness on each birthday. Fist step for falling in love penned so beautifully.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me of some poetry I read not long ago on the same topic. beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poetry.. you can set it into song easily :) Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the emotion behind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LIFE IS LIKE THAT :p

    maybe we neednt understand all that happens around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. luv you n your poems!
    -Portia

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)