“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fantasy Hope

Day before yesterday I bet my life;
one fine day I’ll win this strife,
so I kept my fingers crossed;
and in this hope whole day passed.

In unpredictable thoughts I was lost so deep;
I rolled all night and it kept me away from sleep,
yesterday I found my hope wasn’t real;
it tore me apart with no chance to heal.

Oh.. it wasn’t real and it broke me through;
but still it seems so hard to let it go,
and I was stupid to have fantasy hope;
like I was watching through kaleidoscope.

I can see my hope fading away;
like rainbow fades into the sky,
but still I’ll try to hold it back;
no matter if it gets me off the track.

I am scared to hope again;
‘cause once it broke me into the pain,
it aches like pulse of blood under the wound;
and I just can’t take it anymore around.

Oh.. it hurts when it heals too;
but it gets me little hope; so new,
may be I am stupid to have fantasy hope;
for I have reached to the end of the rope.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Image: Google

6 comments:

  1. i hope this is one of those poems that have nothing to do with reality... n if it is, 'kahani abhi baqi hai dost' :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can be a good lyricist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice. Some of the rhymes sounds forced but besides that it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh.. it hurts when it heals too" ABSOLUTELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and deep. It is always better to see this as a phase, as a chapter and move on to another topic in life as life is too big to live just one part however beautiful it had been. Live the pain of ending and then as it eases look for more interests :) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shreya,

    Feelings of one at wits end told so well. But please do keep in mind that what is life without hope. Dreams and Hope is what makes us strive to achieve what we want to.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)