“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Minutes

I remember when you walked in with your guitar;
I tried reaching you but you were standing too far,
I tried screaming your name;
but I was afraid that it could be the end of this game.

I locked my eyes at you and you fake me a smile;
I sigh and lost my mind for a while,
I turned my eyes off hiding my shame;
and got lost to decide whom to blame?

At the end of the day you said goodbye;
boy; it was so hard to leave and I sigh,
I can’t forget those 3 minutes when you came;
against my will I am going home again.

Now you are a part of my every dream;
soon you’ll conquer my realm,
what do I do with my heart?
I can’t go back to the start.

I look for you every time, and I try to work;
but every time I fail and I feel like jerk,
and I just can’t stop to keep myself from thinking of you;
and the tragedy is that you have no clue.

But I love it when you pass next through me;
I feel butterflies and you just can’t see,
I can’t forget those 3 minutes when you came;
against my will I am going home again.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Written In Insomnia!!

14 comments:

  1. This is really emotion stirring and hearty post Shreya!

    My favourite: Last four lines! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done, just one question. based on an actual event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Lovelorn expressing self so well.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said - you make it effortless to read. Was it like that to write?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps it was effortless to read in the rhythm like Carolina says, but I really doubt it was easy to write, if it's real, and insomnia doesn't help the cause anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! That was a very lovely writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just followed you, follow me back at http://mommaladybug.typepad.com/my-blog/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    Lovelorn & unrequited love...how sad. You did good for writing during insomnia! Thanks for sharing.

    I know you like to write, so why not join me for the debut of the Lovers' Cove Challenge on Sat May 26th. All you need do is write one line of 15 words or less, BUT you have to compose your line based on what the previous person in the Linky has written...that's the challenge.
    Then, come linkup on June 2nd for the second Blog Hop Saturday! You just link to EITHER your blog, OR a specific blog post OR your FB Fan Page. Only one link/blogger is allowed at this time. Hope you can make it.

    The Flame Of A Lonely Woman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one.. keep penning... keep blogging

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)