“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ninth Circle Of Hell

Do you know what hurts the most?
its being so near to somebody still feeling so far,
and they are always in your prayers;
and you feel broken like a shooting star.


It has been broken, hurt and cheated;
still somehow it works,
what do I care for if its not gonna workout;
feels like everytime from my door happiness lurks.


I was so stupid, on the thorns of love I fell;
I bleed still I walked the paths where love never dwell,
it was when you left me in the ninth circle of hell;
so am not gonna buy the love that somebody else wanna sell.


Am not gonna wait for you any long;
'cause I know you ain't gonna come again,
even if you'll come back, I'll slam door at your face;
'cause I can't take it anymore, just leave me in pain.


So am not gonna care about anything;
I'll pretend like I am okay,
don't temme what to feel like;
'cause am not gonna please you to stay.


I was so stupid, on the thorns of love I fell;
I bleed still I walked the paths where love never dwell,
it was when you left me in the ninth circle of hell;
so am not gonna buy the love that somebody else wanna sell.


~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. This poem I have been writing from past 4 days, today I got it done. Gah!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful.. wish I had read this when I was back in college..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope it reminded you of your college days. :)

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back in your full form Shreya:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wrote and erased and i try writing my comments again...
    well experiences of the past may not have been the best... but then whats commendable is the fact that u experience those moments.. suffer the pain and then one fine day find words to express them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) loved these words :) Thanks for stopping by.. :)

      Delete
  4. I think the hurting is a necessary part of learning to love... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fighting attitude in the concluding lines was awesome :)
    loved it..
    are u reading Dante Alighieri's work..
    Title reminded me of his work !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) No am not reading Dante Alighieri, I love to read his work. Am glad it made you remind of him.. *yay*

      Delete
  6. Shreya,

    I sincerely hope it is fiction. It is so moving.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.. its pure fiction. Whatever is real, I mention it. :)

      Delete
  7. Hats off to you for the last lines. Loved the whole post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bloggers!

    You will be glad to know that after thumping success hamarivani.com, which is a unique rendezvous of Hindi bloggers and readers spread all over world, we are feeling jubilant to introduce of Bloggiri.com.

    At Bloggiri, your blog will get a huge horizon of new readers to share thoughts and ideas with you, because your blog is just reflection of your soul and inner beautiful.

    Now what are you thinking, just submit your blog at Bloggiri.com and give a new meaning to your life.

    Happy Blogging!

    Team Bloggiri

    ReplyDelete
  9. intriguing title and lovely lines full of depth and profoundness..enjoyed reading it....the expressions of a broken heart narrating the futility of love..u write beautifully on these themes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice... i thing its the change in attitude fall of love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well said Shreya....I like the last line "so am not gonna buy the love that somebody else wanna sell."

    These lines took me into my past where I was left alone to cry in Pain...

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)