“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, March 9, 2012

My Tombstone

I know I'll be pushing up the daisies;
and they will box me up under dust,
layers and layers will cover me up;
and all my bones will turn into rust.


For all those who love me;
place white roses on my tombstone,
light the candles and play operatic music;
for those who don't; walk away I am happy here alone.


Seems like I lost all my senses as I feel so numb;
and don't wake me up; its long back I slept,
I ran and fell after everything I chose;
no body knows; in the darkness I wept.


The Sun will be shining down on me;
and wind will kiss me as it passes by,
rains will shower me and;
moon will be gazing at me singing me a lullaby.


Yes this is how I want my tombstone to be;
am gonna part no more as I do rest in peace,
so am gonna sleep in the arms of Isis;
as from the chains of insomnia am gonna release.


~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Inspired by the quote on the Shakespeare's tombstone.

21 comments:

  1. Amazing as always! You always leave me in the arms of imagination Shreya. Creatively very well written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt a strange relaxation and peace of mind after reading this..death indeed is sure-shot way of getting freedom from all chains..laying in rest in a tombstone peacefully in the arms of nature!....sounds sick and pessimistic but I love the mystery around death as much as the challenges of life...this one really captured my senses!lovely imagination Shreya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poetry posts best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. serene and peaceful..
    beautiful expressions... and wow the place what inspired u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I always get inspired by such things.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yea, I've put melancholic theme in this.

      Delete
  6. this made me wonder, what is written on shakespear's tomb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that, google Shakespeare's tomb quote. ;)

      Delete
  7. Shreya,

    Wish of one in need of eternal peace told well.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice presentation.
    Emotions are heart touching.
    It's all what do you think about yourself.
    Is our soul always bounded by the physical body?
    Or body is just like a cloth we wear.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)