“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Monday, March 5, 2012

Heart Shaped Box

Oh it feels like love has finally found me; 
and I find myself unable to escape anymore,
but am still tryna walk away from it;
with bleeding knees, hurt so sore.


You are there in every thought that passes by;
like a cruel king you conquer my mind,
I wanna travel oceans with you but;
I donno I'll follow you or I'll be left behind.


So temme what to do with this heart shaped box?
where once you lived but now where nostalgia knocks.


Come and see it floating;
and tossed between violent waves of calamities,
will it ever swim outta it;
or it will be a victim of missed opportunities?


I scratched your name, as it belongs to you;
am gonna give it to you without anything in return,
and I want you to make it work like before;
or else fire it and let it burn.


Or temme what to do with this heart shaped box?
for no longer its mine, as after you it walks.


~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. When people ask me from where do I get ideas for poems, I tell them: a little bird tells me.

31 comments:

  1. You know, just let it be :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could hug some lines in here Shreya! Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh it feels like love has finally found me;
    and I find myself unable to escape anymore" nice written...

    lol on the PPS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely lines. It captures the depth of love and dedication instead of just the superficialities. Well written.

      Delete
  4. Shreya,

    Lucky is the one for whom these words are threaded. Do tell me where to meet that little bird or it that the one who keeps hopping around in your blogspace?

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. that bird just comes out of the blues, whispers in my ears n disappears :P

      Delete
  5. its very sweet but lil sad too...
    very strong emotions u have describes here !!

    visiting after a long tym
    hope u doing fine !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartfelt!

    Lovely composition,Shreya ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not all boxes hold the same essence... Nice poem! Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the little bird flying around your blog? :P
    nice idea and nice lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was lovely Shreya..felt like reading a journey of a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To give your heart... IS the most BEAUTIFUL gift you can give!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I guess the most expensive one.

      Delete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)