“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, March 23, 2012

Back To Square One

Its been so long I enjoyed rains;
I don't remember now how to make paper boats,
I kinda lost my childhood somewhere in time;
seems like, on the sea of time those memories floats.


I donno when was the last time I made wishes;
pretending airplanes as shooting stars,
I love to be too stupid to count them on fingers;
rather being a victim of the rat race and political wars.


Those were the days when a single tear was my only weapon;
to get whatever I want and a new toy was enough to make me smile,
now there is nothing that can replace all that;
I wish I could get a fraction of that time for a while.


I donno what I am or what I've done;
all I know is, I wanna get back to square one.


I love to sleep with my teddy;
for I don't wanna grow up anymore,
I would love to fall and learn to walk again;
rather healing my heart hurt to the core.


So am gonna walk the paths of past to my childhood;
where I was as happy and satisfied as kings,
am happy in dolls and paper boats and paper planes;
so don't try to convince me with material things.


I wanna live those days again;
so bring me back my childhood,
I just can't survive in this cruel world;
I would love to be kid again if I could.


I donno what I am or what I've done;
all I know is, I wanna get back to square one.


~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

26 comments:

  1. nicely written, childhood raelly is the bestest of times :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like square one so much as four square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Childhood is the time which one can never forget.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I want to go back and re-live those wonderful days.
    Lovely poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely :) Don't we all miss those old days when life was just so easy..and innocence was bliss :)
    I loved the writing..brought back so many memories to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful... Childhood days was a bliss...
    At times its nice to read something that is exactly the way you think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, at times its nice to read what we already feel. :)

      Delete
  7. your post made me feel nostalgic :)
    I so much wish to do d same... those careless, blissful days we all crave for
    lovely read shreya !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad I made you walk through the paths of past. Next time we will walk together. :P

      Delete
  8. For some reason or other, most of us have this wish to take the trip backward than forward…. Seems the better part of life is already spent and not is ahead of us…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with your comment.

      Delete
  9. i think so much of progression is returning to who we really are beneath so much of the crap the dominant culture heaps upon us. very well said, and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even I want to start everything again. I want to be a kid without any burdens and tensions time has loaded me with. :(
    You post made me remember those days when I used to be at the fidgety and frivolous peak of my life. :D
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) when people relate with my write ups then I feel like my work is almost done, to make them feel what I wanna make them feel like. :)

      Delete
  11. square one is always nostalgic...but alas we can never go back to it :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)