“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where I Belong?

I am running for the rat race,
without knowing where this way goes;
every road brings me unexpected hurdles,
I fall and pick myself up with bleeding toes.

Oh! this journey seems never to end,
I feel tired but I fix my knees and run again;
people around me try to elbow me out,
I stumble and keep running in the pain.

I may be right, I may be wrong;
Oh Lord! Temme where I belong?

The road am running, leads to the crossroads,
and I donno which way to choose;
and imma find out where to step,
but I donno whether I’ll win or lose.

God knows where I’ll be reaching,
and I can feel myself wounded so deep;
but I still carry on, ‘cause I have no option,
I feel hurt and the pain keeps me away from sleep.

I am fragile and feel no more strong;
Oh Lord! Temme where I belong?

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S Today while attending a meeting in office I felt like: oh! Where I Belong? and I was inspired to write this poem. 

14 comments:

  1. Shreya,

    Read 2 poems now. Previous one touches the heart listening to one who has lost love. This one shows how one feels when struggling to make own mark in work. Both are so well composed.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya...everything will be fine...new job, new place, new people...takes time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jack Sir: :) Thanks :)

    @Janaki: Yea.. I know, am fine and happy. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* this is so sooooo relateable... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you run you do face obstacles! That is the beauty of life:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually its a splendid destination when the journey is so tedious... Good one : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think fear to pursue one's passions,the threat of loosing out and the danger of risks!! is the prime reason one falls for the rat race..nice line Shreya..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take the road, the journey thought might be tough, in the end, you will know where you belong :)
    I loved the lines. Something very easy to relate to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll find your niche soon, dear Shreya. This journey of this segment of your life has just begun :-) This poem sounded like possible lyrics for a future song {|:-) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Story of my life these days. I wonder the same and feel urged to know this one thing, *where do I belong*.
    Excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just one question.. Are you clear about what you want in life ??

    think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @quartertoinsane: Hmm.. I understand.

    @Rahul Sir: Yea, true!

    @Kirti: Thanks for stopping by :)

    @Rohit: Glad you liked :)

    @Philo: When readers find a write up easy to relate with then writer's work is half done, glad to know you liked. :)

    @Fiona: Thanks for these nice words, yea may be someday I'll be strumming these lyrics on guitar. ♪ ♫

    @Ph: Yea.. its just phase, it is destined to come. :)

    @Raja: I thought, and found I am still confused. And am working on it. I know am stupid, but trying to stop being stupid anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huh, The Rat Race...A most common story...

    But to read it in a poetic form was awesome...
    Keep goin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We kept running keeping the axes amid. Like the clock, we keep running unless lose of power.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)