“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sands Of Time

Life is fleeting so fast; a year seems to be a minute,
I travel the paths of my dreams with handful of hope;
Oh this journey seems never to end,
like am lost in the labyrinth and there is no way to lope.

All I can feel is numb; as if life & death became friends,
I am confused whom to prefer, for am somewhere in the middle;
days & night pass on but am here with no where to go,
seems like am never gonna unfold this riddle.

As the pendulum swings; it takes me to the dark paths but divine,
Oh am trying to crawl back to life with the sands of time.

I wish I could hold the pendulum and never let it swing,
but the time passes by and I begin the countdown;
I donno what is gonna happen; cause
this is the untrodden path we have to travel on and on.

We born, live and die just for a shroud?
or for two meters of coffin to cover us?
We come and depart with no hope of coming back
seems like we the puppets of skin are things.

As the pendulum swings; it takes me to the dark paths but divine,
Oh am trying to crawl back to life with the sands of time.

~Shreya 
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

9 comments:

  1. A nice rhyme of the comparison of life with sway of a pendulum! Sure what youy wrote is a reality but life is still too beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem.

    I have given you an award on my blog. Come check it out sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shreya,

    Time does not wait for anyone. It is WE who have to make best use of time available to achieve what we dream of. We all have to go one day and it is what legacy we leave behind we are remembered with.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. deep,profound lines!Nothing is static....Life moves on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing expression and stitching of thoughts Shreya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the passing of time in your poetry leads you to a creative life :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)