“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rotten Roses

It was a tuesday night when you walked around me;
with a bunch of 22 roses, hiding at your back and I,
closed my eyes and  you went down on your knees;
you gave me roses and I heard myself sigh.

You walked me home, and I saved those roses;
whenever I look at them they remind me of you,
I wish you could come and I get those days back;
when we visited beautiful places and the sky so blue.

Those were the days when you wrote me beautiful proses;
now it crushes me whenever I see those rotten roses.

I remember the first song I wrote for you;
you played guitar for me and we sang together,
and I caught you staring at me for a while;
and then you started talking about the weather.

I haven’t seen you since God knows when;
you have got your own world and I haven’t got mine,
what about the promises that you made me;
all that dancing in the rain and visiting places in sunshine?

Those were the days when you wrote me beautiful proses;
now it crushes me whenever I see those rotten roses.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Work Of Fiction!!

11 comments:

  1. Full of feelings and crave. I understand how it feels Shreya. But life always moves on. It does, right? :)

    Read my latest post, it might sedate you a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasy of love!
    Beautiful..though it was painful of not having him together but only those rotten roses, his memories mesmerizing of him!

    Missed you and your posts a lot!
    Will be soon here after my exams..
    Much love

    Happy Valentine's Day, Shreya!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully written... bt y the PPS? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rachit: Yea I've read your post, its beautiful. :)

    @Simran: :) Happy Valentine's Day :) xx

    @Quartertoinsane: Thanks, keep guessing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time the roses will be fresh and in full bloom:)Nice write Shreya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Those were the days when you wrote me beautiful proses;
    now it crushes me whenever I see those rotten roses."

    Wonderful lines, Shreya! {|:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Being a guy, it gave me goosebumps, and had me looking back at my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rahul Sir: :)

    @Fiona: Glad you liked, thanks. :)

    @Subhorup: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Janaki: Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)