“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Midnight Blues

Hey.. Peeps.. :) So yesterday it was ticking 1:45 a.m. and I was still not sleepy. Gah! Its been four days I have not slept properly. Seems like inosmnia is having crush on me badly. I was lying putting my hands back-head; thinking about everything going on, everything I am doing, everything I wanna do. Staring at my room-mates, they were sleeping and snoring. Gawd, I wished I could sleep. 


I started satring at my phone every 10 minutes: no texts, no calls. Hell! Where all friends and bullets go whenever I need them the most? I started scrolling my phonebook, searching a single contact I can talk to. It was 2:15 a.m., too late to call. I played my playlist, George Strait's song The Breath You Take started playing. Oh.. I love this song. ♪♫


I was thinking about what to do? Blogging? Good idea but my internet was not working. Umm.. I can continue my novel writing.. yes! I ran to get my laptop and I get back to my bed, as then no new thoughts were coming. What can I do after writing 3 chapters? I am planning my story. Let it be. 


It was 2:53 a.m., shit! still whole night left to pass. I wish I had sleeping pills. So I started planning what I am going to wear tomorrow like dumbo bimbos, I never plan what I am wearing. I check my wardrobe and pick one dress. You'll find blue and gray collection. I love blue and I hate pink, for those who are shrugging their shoulder in wonder: Yes I hate pink. Okay, so this thing was also over. Now what to think about? 


The flashback started, all the good  time with my family and friends. I started sliding pictures on my phone. And every picture showed me recap of past episodes of my life. I hate it when I feel so insomniac and see people around me sleeping. So today I got few disprin tablets, I am gonna take 2 tablets if I won't feel sleepy today. Its been 4 days and I feel like going mad. 


Right now dad called me, and my room-mates played dirty songs on high volume and started saying: Shreya have your glass of vodka (just to make my mom-dad doubt me that I am in some club). Gawd, I wished I'd killed them.. Lol!! 


Daddy asked me where are you baby? I said I am in my room, and told him that my room-mates are teasing me. Now mom inquired me, where are you dear? I: Mom, am at my room. Mom: Okay I got it, enjoy!! I: Mom!! Am at my room really, you know I don't drink. Mom: I know, what.. I can't tease my daughter? I: Ofcourse you can, but stop teasing like this. Mom: Got a boyfriend? I: Yes!! Mom: Really? I: What.. I can't tease my mom? Mom & I: Laughed together. Omigod!! Somethings happen out of the blues. 


Oh.. its 12:35 a.m. People are planning to sleep, and I am not sleepy, I can relate myself with owls. Lol!! Office to room and room to office is my life these days but I manage to write, read, sing, dance, dream and what not. Currently playing: While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles.. awesome song.. \m/ Tryna sleep. Signing out.. may God bless y'all.. :)

9 comments:

  1. so touchy! enjoyed reading it..this one was beautifully humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so touchy! enjoyed reading it..this one was beautifully humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So insomania has gripped you:) Drain your self physically by taking a long stroll and then hit the sack... Sweet Dreams Shreya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely written.. It is sad that you have got insomania.. Try to exercise and aerobic daily morning.. Hope you will get back your sleep soon.. Cya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha i loved reading about your conversation with your parents!
    Insomnia is terrible, I know. I suffer from it so much that I even dedicated my blog name to it :P
    I hope you can sleep properly soon, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really frustrating when you've worked hard the whole day,yet you can't sleep at night. Try drinking a glass of milk before going to bed. :) It seems like you and your mom is really close, that's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the insomnia left u to asleep :) The teasing part was fun! lol

    Good night Shreya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rohit: Lol.. yea it was. :)

    @quartertoinsane: :D

    @Rahul Sir: Hmm.. am trying :O

    @iTechColumn: Thanks for stopping by :)

    @PurpleMist: Yea, I wish I could.

    @eprilis: Yea.. me and mom are like friends, she knows everything about me and understands me before I understand myself, she is my nucleus without whom I can't exist.

    @Jeevan: Glad you find it funny, am happy I made my readers laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)