“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Final Cut

You cut me to the core and,
I bleed, but I love the scars;
they remind me of you to adore and, 
I make wishes on shooting stars.


Oh! Am lost in you completely,
I won't regret if there is no tomorrow;
am just happy to have you around me,
and I can feel there is no sorrow.


I fall for you; donno how?
I feel smell of your perfume, it lingers;
and hope you feel the same now,
I close my eyes and cross my fingers.


Oh! I can't fall in love again, 
'cause I know its the final cut;
I hold your memories even in pain,
they make me feel keep going but;
you don't wanna understand, how can I explain?
baby I can't help it 'cause its the final cut.


I've caught myself smiling alone,
thinking of you and your voice;
I feel so good when you flash up on my phone,
Oh! I am left with no other choice.


When we laugh together,
everything seems to be alright;
I want you to be with me forever,
'cause you make my world so bright.


So I make a little prayer,
I hope my wishes will heal my heart;
and you will find me right there,
where I was; until the death do us part.


Oh! I can't fall in love again, 
'cause I know its the final cut;
I hold your memories even in pain,
they make me feel keep going but;
you don't wanna understand, how can I explain?
baby I can't help it 'cause its the final cut.


~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!
P.P.S. Work Of Fiction!!

8 comments:

  1. Shreya,

    I wrote and entered comment on previous post but there was some problem in network, so I had to come back again to rewrite. Lucky it was as I found this poem too. Previous poem is so beautiful showing such emotions. On post, please try to get sleep in normal way without resorting to any pills. You may think of some light workout after dinner to help in that. So you had such fun with Mom. This poems shows such love, lucky will be the one for whom you remember this.

    Take care

    PS : My net was not OK, so the delay in visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jack Sir: Thanks, glad you liked my poems :) Yea, I too don't wanna take pills but I can't help it. :(

    @Ben: :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Shreya! I especially loved the 'smell of perfume lingering' and 'closing your eyes, crossing your fingers'! :-) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely words and full of passion:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fiona: :) Thanks :) xx

    @Rahul Sir: Glad you liked, *yay* :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice beautiful rhyming romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. @R.Ramakrishnan Sir: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)