“At one magical instant in your early childhood, the page of a book—that string of confused, alien ciphers—shivered into meaning. Words spoke to you, gave up their secrets; at that moment, whole universes opened. You became, irrevocably, a reader.” –Alberto Manguel

Random Posts

Friday, February 10, 2012

Emptiness

I wake up in the morning with bloodshot eyes;
the Sun peeks inside my window and wakes me up,
birds sing dawn chorus  and trees dance for me;
and I gaze outside my window, holding a tea cup.

I take shower and get ready for work;
wearing fake expressions of satisfaction,
and walk the crowded roads, where I get lost;
and work whole day with speechless action(s).

There is a weird feeling that conquers my soul;
some call it peace; some call it emptiness,
I am still a slave of destiny and it rules me;
I feel  fragile when tossed between no and yes.

I walk back to home and emptiness waits for me;
I play my guitar and it listens silently; sitting around a corner,
I lay down in my boudoir and lost in imagery;
but emptiness awakens like a strict owner.

I feel insomniac, and emptiness runs me through;
I put my hands back-head and travel the paths of flashback,
when I used to be the owner of happiness and;
now it seems like those days won’t come back.

I twist and turn, and night passes by;
and I wake up with one-minus a day,
I feel handcuffed with laziness but I welcome my morning;
but emptiness still has so many reasons to stay.

~Shreya ♥
P.S. My creation, please do not copy!!

10 comments:

  1. articulately beautifully and truthfully... its like my story just minus the guitar part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written though it contains sadness and despondence. The pictures are very well resonating with the flow of the rhyme Shreya! Perhaps I could imagine your feeling while writing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully penned! You will be the "owner of happiness again". This one sounds like a personal story *hugs* {|:-) x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The changes in way of life often bring this feeling! More so when you miss your loved ones! Life is a blessing so you will soon find your happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caught your loneliness well...this will pass. Make a conscious effort to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @quartertoinsane: Glad to know that you can relate with it.

    @Rachit: thanks :)

    @Fiona: Thanks, big hugs xx :)

    @Rahul Sir: You got it right, thanks for stopping by. :)

    @Janu: Yea, I know. Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shreya,

    When we are ruled by our routine this feeling sets in. To overcome this one should take up some hobby or something which makes a change in daily routine.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. to pursue one's passion without any bindings is very difficult...compulsions and chains of the world are always there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, nice to see your words again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Reader!! Wow, you are here. Thanks for visiting. :)